fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.60) Q:club: J:heart: 2:diamond:

Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40

TURN ($1.40) Q:club: J:heart: 2:diamond: K:club:

Hero bets $0.90, BB calls $0.90

RIVER ($3.20) Q:club: J:heart: 2:diamond: K:club: T:spade:

Hero bets $1, BB calls $1

Villain is 68/2/1.1. Fold to CB = 67

Has limp/called w/JJ so sets are in his range. But haven't seen him slowplay a big hand, usually raises flop/min raise turn.

Pre: Raise for high card value + with the intention of cbetting nearly any flop as he's folding quite often.

Flop: Hit bottom pair. cbet as planned with the intention to barrel on a 2/K/heart. When he calls here he could have something like AK/AT/KT/K9/Qx/Jx/2x/T9/89. I think sets will raise and he'll fold all his other trash.

Turn: Hit my K so barrel for value as planned. Only hands in his range that K hits are AK/AT/KT/K9/T9 so expect to be ahead of his range here.

River: The T sucks but as I'd expect T9/AT, sets and some 2pair hands have raised already don't see much in his range that beats me so decided to go for some very thin value hoping he'll make a crying call with Kx/Qx/Jx.

But is it too thin? Is my sizing ok on river?

Was playing b/f on all three streets
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop raising with this hand is fine by me. This hand has a good potential against such and opponent since we could overflush him.

Cbetting the flop is fine.

I'd bet around $1.1-1.2 on the turn.

I don't think betting on the river against this opponent is too thin and your sizing is good.
      Don't think he ever folds a made hand against this size.

Best,
      Plamen