This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 a5

• prime333
      prime333
      Basic
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $4.93
      BTN: $5.12
      Hero (SB): $7.42
      BB: $2.00
      UTG: $6.28
      UTG+1: $2.88
      UTG+2: $5.00
      MP: $1.50
      MP+1: $2.08

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has A:diamond: 5:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.15, UTG+1 calls $0.15, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.13, fold

Flop: ($0.50, 3 players) 9:spade: 2:heart: A:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, fold

Turn: ($1.00, 2 players) K:club:
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

River: ($1.70, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.85, Hero calls $0.85

UTG+1 shows A:club: 7:heart: (Two Pair, Aces and Sevens) (Pre 58%, Flop 68%, Turn 64%)
      Hero mucks A:diamond: 5:diamond: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 42%, Flop 32%, Turn 36%)
      UTG+1 wins $3.26
  • 2 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Because of bet sizes I will assume that UTG+1 is a fish.
      Have no idea about UTG guy, I will assume that he is more of a reg.
      So vs a reg and fish, I'm not calling pre-flop just because I don't want to play OOP vs the reg. With A5s we really are just hoping to hit straight and flushes, any A will just be hard to play with a low kicker OOP.
      If both of those guys were fish, then I can justify calling, if we hit we probably are getting paid. If they both are regs then it's a snap fold for me.
      As played, I'm not calling flop, our kicker is just too weak if he is a fish just because he probably hit an A, I'm not worried about UTG as he wouldn't check a multiway pot.
      I can see how the turn might look tempting to call with a low bet like that, but we pretty much just beat a bluff, I'm not calling turn just because I'm not calling a blank river.
      River is a clear fold out A5 can't beat anything, also his betsize picked up so it's clear he has it.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Preflop is highly questionable. I think it may be ok in bb with fish in pot though. But if u are inexperienced u should fold and play tighter. The openers range is really strong and u are oop so this call should be made because of great pot odds and the fact that the fish can make many big mistakes

On the river u still beat busted flush draws. Would he bet thrice with a bluff? I dun know and it might be less likely that u face multi street aggression from passive players. With that said u only need to win 25%of the time. But im leaning towards folding w such a weak kicker