new to the forum

• andrewj50050
      andrewj50050
      Bronze
      hey i m Andrew i m new to the forum... it looks like a pretty cool community.. i intend to check out some of the videos and threads on here and i m ready to improve and start getting big results on pokerstars with a change of mentality.. (been on a downswing for 2 months)..i play on pokerstars as andrewj50050... i have a homegame club, we do profit sharing from mtts and hang out at club daiily just chatting poker and rail support.. if your interested in joining the club sign up details are: >

CLUB ID 639205
      PASS = FTSPOTLIGHT (in caps)

well nice to meet u all and gl at the tables :-)
  • 3 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey Andrew

I see you have been a member for a while, so welcome to the PokerStrategy.com forums :) nice to see you're ready to improve. I have a few links for you to help you out the first you can find in my forum signature just underneath this post "SchnitzelFischs productivity guide" this will help you get the very best out of yourself.

The second is from world renowned mental game coach and authors of "The Mental Game of Poker" Jared Tendler and Barry Carter and is a Q&A thread that is still active now: +++Q&A with Jared Tendler!!+++

Next up a thread to help you pick the right video series for what you need: Choose the right poker video for you!

And finally we have a section of the forum for homegame clubs too which you can find here: PokerStars Home Games - Post Here

Good luck at the tables sir
      Carl
    • andrewj50050
      andrewj50050
      Bronze
      thanks :-) that will be a great help i'll check these out now.. i have had some success but really feeling a lack of confidence right now as i m running bad, everything seems to be going against me.. i m thinking about taking a break then getting back to some serious grinding once i m refreshed, it really is a mental game.. i know my poker game is good enough i have belief in that i m applying the right techniques
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Yep i agree the mental side is the toughest there are some great points made in that Tendler thread so make sure you have a good read of it, perhaps look into getting his book too i haven't yet seen a negative review of it.

Don't neglect your physical game though even if it's good and solid it's always better to constantly work at it since poker is a game that changes constantly so it's always a good idea to post hands and review as often as possible. Actually now is the perfect time to post some hands in our evaluation section. We have just expanded our team of hand judges and have some really great discussions going on at the minute so go check those out too :)