This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH AQo in 3bet pot

• axeboy90
      axeboy90
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.50)
      Hero ($5.82)
      CO ($4.19)
      20/18/5.1 vpip/pfr/3bet
      5.3/100/0/32/63 af/CBf/F2CBf/wtsd/w$sd 147 hands
      BTN ($4.59)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:heart:

CO raises to $0.16, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.36, CO calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.74) T:spade: K:heart: Q:heart:

Hero bets $0.48, CO calls $0.48

TURN ($1.70) T:spade: K:heart: Q:heart: K:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.12, Hero calls $1.12

RIVER ($3.94) T:spade: K:heart: Q:heart: K:club: K:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $2.23 (AI), Hero calls $2.23

Fold turn?
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Preflop: We 3-bet so small OOP to keep his range wide or what's the reason behind this small bet size?

Flop: Cbet is fine on this flop but once we get called we have to assign a range to him.

Turn: His range is Kx like KQ, AK (sometimes), KJ, KT, JJ, AJ, some AQ/TJ/QJ.

So if he bets this turn what can he bet with? All Kx, AJ and maybe some AQ/JJ but rarely so the turn should be a check/fold. So we should never make the river as played.

River: If we look at the same range as above he does have a fair amount of Kx in his range and very few of the rest.
    • axeboy90
      axeboy90
      Bronze
      Yes, i usually 3bet smaller with hands that can play postflop to keep him on the weaker side of his range.
      On the turn i thought of exactly the same thing but idk why i didnt fold it. :f_frown:

When the river came, i said, its less likely for him to have a king so i just called and realized after that he would bet only with the nuts probably.

Thanks for evaluation Bogdan.