This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Qq

• TheWinnerTakesItAll
      TheWinnerTakesItAll
      Bronze
      Opponent stats 64/12 AF:3,2 WTSD:25 W$SD:0 after 25 hands.

I bet on the flop, because I think I can get calls from Jx, KQ hands. So that should I do on the turn? Bet around half pot to get call from Jx? Or maybe take another line and c/c two streets and then revaluate the on the river?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $10.50
      MP1 (Hero):
      $10.25
      MP2:
      $6.90
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $11.11
      BU:
      $9.06
      SB:
      $2.80
      BB:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, Q.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP2 calls $0.40, 5 folds, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) J, 5, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP2 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.15) T (2 players)
      Hero ???
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      MP2 seems fishy based on the stack size and of course the small sample you have.

Flop: OOP this is a tough spot because our valuebet is really thin, thus I'd make it even smaller like 1/2 pot.

That way I'm keeping the pot smaller and I can bet smaller on the turn.

Turn: Against your average fish we can expect them to check behind a fair amount of one pair hands that are not Ax so I don't actually mind checking to him. However, since he can have so many Ax, QK gets there and so does JT, I think we need to fold to his bet.

Calling to reevaluate river doesnt make much sense because we are still OOP and we can expect another bet often.