Good job guys

• AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Hi,

Today I finally managed to pass the quiz. At first, I thought that it was gonna be easy, but had to go back and study your strategy. I've been playing for around three years, with mixed results. I mostly play live, and am known as a tight player... but geez... your strategy had me tightened even more. I decided to give it a try, since for the last year I haven't been able to win a single live MTT tourney. Lots of final tables, but always coming up short.

Last night I played for the first time after studying your strategy articles. I played very few hands, but boy, did I punish them when I did. I finally got busted in 11th place when I lost with AQs to 3-3 (even had 18 outs after the flop, but didn't hit). But anyway, your strategy has helped me focus on profitable hands rather than speculative. I still don't see where do you guys fit suited connectors, but I guess I'll see it afterwards.

I have just finished playing a freeroll, while I wait for the initial deposit. Out of 992 players I finished 34th, sticking exclusively to your strategy. I know that what I studied refers to single table sng's but I made the proper adjustments.

I tried to bluff once and got caught. From then on, whenever I raised, the guy who caught me bluffing re-raised me all-in, forcing me to fold. Then I got KK, repeated the same raise, he reraised, I reraised all-in and he called with A-9... The ace never came, so I doubled up through him and became the chip leader.

A little long story but just wanted to share my experiences with what I've just learned; good job guys.
  • 3 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello AquamanBT and welcome :)

Good to see you already applying the knowledge contained in the site - there is a lot more where that came from (especially in terms of videos and forum discussion). Especially for SNGs our ICM trainers should be of great help.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Thanks SoyCD...

Today I got my initial deposit, and played 7 sng's. I finished 5th in two, 3rd in four and 1st the last one. It was awesome how I got back from that one... I was down to 145 chips with the blinds at 75/150. There were still 6 players left! I finally caught a couple strong hands, AK, JJ, QQ and doubled up several times until becoming chip leader and finally winning at last.

I got today a minuscule profit of $3.30, but at least it's not a loss. I'll keep studying all your support material, it's been a lot of help.
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      actually $3.30 is quite a normal profit from a $50 investment.

from the initial $50, most people earn +-$1 a day until they move up to the next blinds level