This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Good job guys

• AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Hi,

Today I finally managed to pass the quiz. At first, I thought that it was gonna be easy, but had to go back and study your strategy. I've been playing for around three years, with mixed results. I mostly play live, and am known as a tight player... but geez... your strategy had me tightened even more. I decided to give it a try, since for the last year I haven't been able to win a single live MTT tourney. Lots of final tables, but always coming up short.

Last night I played for the first time after studying your strategy articles. I played very few hands, but boy, did I punish them when I did. I finally got busted in 11th place when I lost with AQs to 3-3 (even had 18 outs after the flop, but didn't hit). But anyway, your strategy has helped me focus on profitable hands rather than speculative. I still don't see where do you guys fit suited connectors, but I guess I'll see it afterwards.

I have just finished playing a freeroll, while I wait for the initial deposit. Out of 992 players I finished 34th, sticking exclusively to your strategy. I know that what I studied refers to single table sng's but I made the proper adjustments.

I tried to bluff once and got caught. From then on, whenever I raised, the guy who caught me bluffing re-raised me all-in, forcing me to fold. Then I got KK, repeated the same raise, he reraised, I reraised all-in and he called with A-9... The ace never came, so I doubled up through him and became the chip leader.

A little long story but just wanted to share my experiences with what I've just learned; good job guys.
  • 3 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello AquamanBT and welcome :)

Good to see you already applying the knowledge contained in the site - there is a lot more where that came from (especially in terms of videos and forum discussion). Especially for SNGs our ICM trainers should be of great help.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Thanks SoyCD...

Today I got my initial deposit, and played 7 sng's. I finished 5th in two, 3rd in four and 1st the last one. It was awesome how I got back from that one... I was down to 145 chips with the blinds at 75/150. There were still 6 players left! I finally caught a couple strong hands, AK, JJ, QQ and doubled up several times until becoming chip leader and finally winning at last.

I got today a minuscule profit of $3.30, but at least it's not a loss. I'll keep studying all your support material, it's been a lot of help.
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      actually $3.30 is quite a normal profit from a $50 investment.

from the initial $50, most people earn +-$1 a day until they move up to the next blinds level