This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Way ahead way behind?

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $10.25 (102.5 bb)
      MP: $8.28 (82.8 bb)
      Hero (CO): $18.08 (180.8 bb)
      BTN: $10 (100 bb)
      SB: $12.80 (128 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K K
      MP folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 5 J T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BTN calls $0.60

Turn: ($1.95) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

I'm in a fix as to how to play in these situations. He could have called flop with a Jx hand that has me crushed now. Or he could have overcards that he might overplay now.

Is this the right spot to play way ahead way behind. Do I need to protect my hand against draws?

Or should I turn my hand into a bluff and raise here and fold to a shove?

I decided to play way ahead way behind and call down.

River: ($4.35) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.70, Hero calls $2.70
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      How do you think a Jx plays the turn if we bet again?

I can see him raising most Jx and calling draws like fd/KQ/89 or Tx. So we can bet/fold for value.

Some Jx like JQ may still just call turn but JK and especially AJ would raise here.

By checking we give him a chance to take a free card with his draws (Tx) and thus lose value. We also don't really know what he can bet and how many streets so you are gambling a bit (we know for a fact that he would be a Jx like this ,right?)
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      If the board did not have flush draws would you still bet/fold?

Or say flop wasn't a flush draw and turn picked up a flush draw.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      If the board did not have flush draws would you still bet/fold?

Or say flop wasn't a flush draw and turn picked up a flush draw.
      If it didn't have a flush draw he could have less draws but there is still KQ/89 and some AQ type hands.

If it did pick up a flush some of his AQ/AT type floats would pick up another draw so I'd still bet/fold.

Checking makes things way too difficult for us with two more streets to play because we know nothing about what he can float/bet/check.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      On what board would you play way ahead way behind with Kings?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I dont think u quite understand the concept of WA WB.

WAWB means that against your opponents entire range u are either a huge fav or a huge underdog (90% fav or 90% underdog) that mostly applies to having tpnk or 2nd pair on a dry board with 1 high card.

You cant "play WAWB" cos WAWB is not a line u can take, but desceibes the situation you are in. I suppose you mean whether u shuld pot control the turn?

Examples include KK or A3 on an A72r flop

In this case there are 2 flushdraws on the turn. So many hands can get a free card if u check.

Betfold turn is best. He never folds TX imo and he raises turn a lot w jx a lot as mentioned by bogdan

On river i cc on all blank rivers.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Ok. Got it. Drawy boards still need to play like normal hands, bet/fold style. Thanks.