Strategy Points question

• l3ogdan
      l3ogdan
      Bronze
      Hello,

I applied for the Free Money offer on William Hill poker through your website, I received the money and I generated Strategy Points for a period in order to achieve/mentain my Silver status here. The problem is that meanwhile I discovered the Poker Stars website where I opened an account on my own there and currently is my favorite poker room. Considering this situation, is there any way to receive Strategy Points by playing on Poker Stars, like making a deposit there using your code or something similar?

Thanks.
  • 13 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      The short version is no. Sorry to say that.

There was a thread a few days ago, where myself and others contributed.

delete account (PokerStars)
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Have the same situation as you!
      Answer to your question - Sadly no! ;(
      Pokerstars don`t allow to retrace players and/or make more than one account!
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Sorry guys

Unfortunately this isnt possible at pokerstars currently. So if you would like to keep generating Strategy Points you will have to register at one of our other great partner rooms. Have you seen this thread yet?: Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

Regards
      Carl
    • l3ogdan
      l3ogdan
      Bronze
      I see.. So I guess the only way I can keep my status here (without opening a new account through your site on other poker room) is to make a deposit on William Hill and play there in order to achieve points, right?
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by l3ogdan
      I see.. So I guess the only way I can keep my status here (without opening a new account through your site on other poker room) is to make a deposit on William Hill and play there in order to achieve points, right?
      You can always buy points :D
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/buy-points/

But yeah you can either stay on William Hill or open an account on another poker room, for choosing another room the thread that the mod ExternalUseOnly linked is good.
      Did you already bust your roll that you want to make a deposit on William Hill?
    • l3ogdan
      l3ogdan
      Bronze
      Thanks for reply. Yes, I already busted the free money on WH. I will make a new deposit and this way I`ll also clear the restriction with the limit so I should be able to play at higher BI`s. At least for keeping the Silver status I guess shouldn`t be too complicated.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey again,

Yeh as said above unfortunately it will be impossible to get Strategy Points from Stars so you will either have to play on an existing tracked account or at a new account you create via PokerStrategy.com at a partner room. The points store is available too if you don't fancy either of the other options
    • l3ogdan
      l3ogdan
      Bronze
      Hi again,

Considering your advice, I made my first deposit on William Hill of 100 EUR yesterday, and started playing. Since then, I already generated about $12 rake, so I should already have some Strategy Points accumulated here. The problem is that my Strategy Points balance is still 0. On the other hand, after I made the deposit, I asked the online support of William Hill to check my account, because I was still restricted to play at maximum $1 BI tournaments. After they updated my account, I was able to play at any limit. Is possible that something also gone wrong with PokerStrategy tracking when they updated my account?
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      You should give it some more time, as the StrategyPoints can take a day or two to arrive in your account.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by l3ogdan
      Hi again,

Considering your advice, I made my first deposit on William Hill of 100 EUR yesterday, and started playing. Since then, I already generated about $12 rake, so I should already have some Strategy Points accumulated here. The problem is that my Strategy Points balance is still 0. On the other hand, after I made the deposit, I asked the online support of William Hill to check my account, because I was still restricted to play at maximum $1 BI tournaments. After they updated my account, I was able to play at any limit. Is possible that something also gone wrong with PokerStrategy tracking when they updated my account?
      Hey :)

There shouldn't be anything wrong, you got silver status in the first place through your William Hill account right? If so the tracking is fine. As NIVEKii stated it sometimes takes a day or two (in rare cases slightly longer) to update. We need to wait for the information to be sent to us from the poker room once that is done the info on your Strategy Points will be automatically updated. Let us know if you still don't have any by Thursday

Regards
      Carl
    • l3ogdan
      l3ogdan
      Bronze
      Hi Carl and NIVEKiil,

You were right, today I already see the first points in my balance. I was a little bit worried because I had 0 points this month and need to accumulate 100 until 30`th of November in order to keep my Silver status for the next month. Now I`m confident that there are no particular problems, but only some tracking delays.

Thanks for your feedback.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey there l3ogdan,

Glad to see your tracking issue is solved :)

How are you finding William Hill? What games/limits have you been playing there?

Regards,
      Gary
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Good to hear :)

Dont worry about your points being updated in time. If for example you earnt 300 Strategy Points today and it didnt get updated until the 1st of December your points would still be added to this months total. It goes from the dates and times that you played which the poker room sends us with the info of how much you raked

It should never take this long to update by the way just an example :)

Regards
      Carl