[NL2-NL10] Delayed C-bet?

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $11.49 (114.9 bb)
      SB: $10 (100 bb)
      BB: $10.10 (101 bb)
      UTG: $11.33 (113.3 bb)
      MP: $10 (100 bb)
      CO: $6.08 (60.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 7 6
      2 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, CO calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.95) K 9 A (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.95) 4 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.50, CO folds

Is the delayed C-Bet here right? Or should I just have bet flop?

I didn't bet the flop cause he could have hit this hand or might have some type of gutshot as the board is slightly connected and I might not have good fold equity and I won't be able to second barrel with this hand as I hardly have any equity.

I don't represent much with my turn bet however if he's checking the turn again he seems really weak.

If he calls turn should I fire the river too when he checks?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      When Should you go for a delayed cbet?
      1) Flop is draw heavy and connects better with opponent's calling range than your opening range (more middle cards like J93 as opposed to low or high cards like AA2 or 225)
      2) You have no backdoor equity

a) The board is AKX high. Sure he may have some broadway gutshots which aren't folding. But I think he always folds pairs worse than KX and middle suited connectors like T8s.

b) You can barrel quite a number of turn cards, like a spade and an 8.

This makes it a much clearer bet. But still, I don't hate your play. Against a perceptive opponent, you look like you have some weak AX, or maybe top set, or KX when you check the flop. cos why would you not cbet bluff the flop on such a nice board to bluff on?

Against some random bad player who will auto-assume you have air after checking the Flop, I think checking back would be a huge mistake cos you can't really continue on most turn cards.