This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Flop and turn play?

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $5.74 (57.4 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $11.37 (113.7 bb)
      SB: $10.65 (106.5 bb)
      BB: $13.72 (137.2 bb)
      MP: $6.03 (60.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T T
      MP calls $0.10, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB folds, BB calls $0.30, MP calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.25) 7 4 Q (3 players)
      BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.70, BB folds, MP calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.65) 9 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $1.50, MP folds

Betting just cause its adry board and only Qx beat me. Trying to get some value from flush draws. Plan to check behind on river.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      On the flop we do have the best hand and we can still get value from worse so bet/folding is fine.

I like your bet size as well.

On the turn I feel that our valuebet because that much thiner. A 7x hand will most likely fold and we isolate ourselves versus a Qx and some draws.

So I prefer to check back and most blank rivers we can call a small bet, and thus allow the villain to bluff his floats.

If we do bet the turn I wouldn't make it more than $1 (to induce lighter calls from here, although we may induce raises as bluffs as well).
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      So, Check Turn, Call River>Bet Turn, Check River?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      So, Check Turn, Call River>Bet Turn, Check River?
      If we bet the turn we can't really get much value on the river unless we hit again (or we have reads that he is a complete calling station), so we are checking.

If we check the turn, then on the river we can call most non-hearts since he can bet his missed draws and floats or hands that turn into a bluff (like weak pairs).