[NL2-NL10] Flop and turn play?

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $5.74 (57.4 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $11.37 (113.7 bb)
      SB: $10.65 (106.5 bb)
      BB: $13.72 (137.2 bb)
      MP: $6.03 (60.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T T
      MP calls $0.10, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB folds, BB calls $0.30, MP calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.25) 7 4 Q (3 players)
      BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.70, BB folds, MP calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.65) 9 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $1.50, MP folds

Betting just cause its adry board and only Qx beat me. Trying to get some value from flush draws. Plan to check behind on river.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      On the flop we do have the best hand and we can still get value from worse so bet/folding is fine.

I like your bet size as well.

On the turn I feel that our valuebet because that much thiner. A 7x hand will most likely fold and we isolate ourselves versus a Qx and some draws.

So I prefer to check back and most blank rivers we can call a small bet, and thus allow the villain to bluff his floats.

If we do bet the turn I wouldn't make it more than $1 (to induce lighter calls from here, although we may induce raises as bluffs as well).
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      So, Check Turn, Call River>Bet Turn, Check River?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      So, Check Turn, Call River>Bet Turn, Check River?
      If we bet the turn we can't really get much value on the river unless we hit again (or we have reads that he is a complete calling station), so we are checking.

If we check the turn, then on the river we can call most non-hearts since he can bet his missed draws and floats or hands that turn into a bluff (like weak pairs).