[NL2-NL10] NL 4 QQ OOP on soaking wet board

• VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Even though it succeeded, *this time* i worry that I'm overplaying this, especially on later streets.
      I have had problems in the past ignoring draws
      Here if he has K I'm done for on the flop, but maybe the wet board works to my advantage here.

Unfortunately I also have a problem being too passive. ?(

Party, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

MP: $3.74 (93.5 bb) 39/7/0/1.4/36 36H (v/p/3/af/wtsd)
      Hero (BB): $4 (100 bb)
      SB: $6.54 (163.5 bb)
      BTN: $0.16 (4 bb)
      CO: $4 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q Q
      MP calls $0.04, 2 folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $0.16, MP calls $0.12, SB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.48) K 5 6 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.34, MP calls $0.34, SB folds

Turn: ($1.16) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.83, MP calls $0.83

River: ($2.82) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.34, MP folds
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Preflop: Being OOP vs a fish here I would like a bigger value iso raise.

Flop: Vs 2 players we still have the best hand here a lot and can still get values from draws (Str, flush) so your bet is fine.

Turn: The 7 helps part of his range but he also picks up a pair with 78 and 2p with 67.

Now there's a second draw out so we can continue valuebetting. Of course if he has a K we are far behind but his range is much wider than that.

River: The 8 is not a great card at all. One flush completes and it puts 4 to a straight on the board. In this spot I am actually checking and then based on his bet size either ck/folding or ck/calling.

The problem with betting is that we are really turning our hand into a bluff where nothing worse can call (or rarely if he is a big station). And since villain is a fish he rarely folds better (Kx). So I don't like the bet at all even if it's that small (we really are vbetting versus TT and JJ and nothing else)