This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 4 QQ OOP on soaking wet board

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Even though it succeeded, *this time* i worry that I'm overplaying this, especially on later streets.
      I have had problems in the past ignoring draws
      Here if he has K I'm done for on the flop, but maybe the wet board works to my advantage here.

Unfortunately I also have a problem being too passive. ?(

Party, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

MP: $3.74 (93.5 bb) 39/7/0/1.4/36 36H (v/p/3/af/wtsd)
      Hero (BB): $4 (100 bb)
      SB: $6.54 (163.5 bb)
      BTN: $0.16 (4 bb)
      CO: $4 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q Q
      MP calls $0.04, 2 folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $0.16, MP calls $0.12, SB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.48) K 5 6 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.34, MP calls $0.34, SB folds

Turn: ($1.16) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.83, MP calls $0.83

River: ($2.82) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.34, MP folds
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Preflop: Being OOP vs a fish here I would like a bigger value iso raise.

Flop: Vs 2 players we still have the best hand here a lot and can still get values from draws (Str, flush) so your bet is fine.

Turn: The 7 helps part of his range but he also picks up a pair with 78 and 2p with 67.

Now there's a second draw out so we can continue valuebetting. Of course if he has a K we are far behind but his range is much wider than that.

River: The 8 is not a great card at all. One flush completes and it puts 4 to a straight on the board. In this spot I am actually checking and then based on his bet size either ck/folding or ck/calling.

The problem with betting is that we are really turning our hand into a bluff where nothing worse can call (or rarely if he is a big station). And since villain is a fish he rarely folds better (Kx). So I don't like the bet at all even if it's that small (we really are vbetting versus TT and JJ and nothing else)