This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ vs 3bet by reg...

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2017558
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $10.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 59117
      CO: $3.83 - VPIP: 40, PFR: 30, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 10
      BTN: $10.96 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 16, 3B: 5, AF: 0,0, Hands: 38 This is the first 3bet in 19 cases, so 5%
      SB: $10.00 - VPIP: 10, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 10
      BB: $5.58 - VPIP: 31, PFR: 23, 3B: 0, AF: 2,0, Hands: 39

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with Q :heart: Q :diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, BTN raises to $1.10, 2 folds, Hero?

QQ is weak if we get AI, that is a fact. That would incline me to call. I CAN NOT 3bet for value, and nor to bluff.
      Or maybe a min4bet. He probably ony jams AA-KK.
  • 6 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      In this positions i expect this nit to never hav a bluffing range. So my plan is to fold a and k high flops while calling once on lower flops to bkuffcatch vs ak. If u hit set thats great.

As u said 4b is not great against a tight range. Im not folding though. Qq is too strong
    • Optroot
      Optroot
      Bronze
      In general, I only stack off with QQ pre if villain stack off with TT+,AK. Since villain is tight and this is not the case, I'm not 4 betting. I'm never 4-bet folding QQ, If I 4bet the plan is to have a clear stack off or clear fold.

Despite having a small sample, I'd expect BU to 3b reasonably wide with playable hands in position. For that reason you have to call with such a strong hand OOP.
      The general plan is to play passively on low board and c/f on K/A high boards.

For the record, if you fold QQ pre to a BU 3b, good opponents will notice this and they can profitably 3b you with any two because you only 4bet KK+, and fold everything else.

EDIT: By passive I mean I'm not about to c/r get it in on 9T2 rainbow. With some exceptions of course. If I find by self donking for whatever reason, I'm *mostly* folding to raises, unless we have a strong hand.
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      The problem with flatting here is that a overcard will come like 40% of the time right or is that for JJ? That I want to have said with that is that our hand is to vournble to 3b call.
    • Optroot
      Optroot
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Saren113
      The problem with flatting here is that a overcard will come like 40% of the time right or is that for JJ? That I want to have said with that is that our hand is to vournble to 3b call.
      Goto http://propokertools.com/pql

Execute:

code:
      select count(
      flopHandCategory(hero)= floppocket12 or
      flopHandCategory(hero)= floppocket23 or
      flopHandCategory(hero)= flopunderpair
      )
      from game="holdem", hero="QQ"

Answer: 37.77% with QQ, 51.71% with JJ.

It sucks that we c/f that much OOP, but we still get a good price we can basically afford to setmine, with the added bonus that we will have a good overpair on most flops.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      yeah we are basically half setmining and if low board comes we can bluff catch once vs AK cos we have right odds to call on flop.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze