Filter - not evaluated hands and unread evaluated hands.

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      In hand evaluation forum there is not confortable to search if you have more not evaluated hands. You have to go through pages to check them.

So one filter could be - show only my not evalueted hands.

And another - show unread evaluated hands. So also - the same problem - hand gets evaluated, but what if I did not check the forum for several days, then hand gets away to another pages. So these 2 filters would be good.
  • 13 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, SPeedFANat1c
      When you post a hand for evaluation, you should get an email when it is evaluated -- or even when another member replies to you post.

Do you get such emails?

Also, if you click on
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/usercp.php?action=favorites

It should take you to a list of your "favourite" hands.
      Any thread you created should automatically appear.

If you just go to your favourites page then all of your evaluated hands will be near the top.

I still like your idea of filters, but until then, the favourites page works.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Pokerstrategy.com is working on a new website with a new forum, so it is very unlikely they are going to add something to the forum when it's going to be scrapped in a while. So this can be a suggestion for the new forum, but I'm sure they have something like this planned.

What you can do is, use the forum search feature, and just search your username and tick the "Search only for threads started by this user".
      You will be able to see all your created threads and you can then just see if it has an orange envelope next to it, and if it does then there is a new reply in the thread. (problem is that you can't sort by read/unread, so if you post a lot you might just have to go back in pages to see if you have a thread you haven't read)

You can also just keep adding the hands to your favorites http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/usercp.php?action=favorites or you can set it up in the forum options so that every thread you create or post in, it gets added to your favorites automatically, but that means every time someone replies to a post of yours you will get an email, this is bad if you post a lot in other threads than hand evaluations because you will just have to look for hand threads through all the blogs and small talk type of things..

Really the best way would be just to add all your hand evaluation threads to favorites and then at the bottom of the page you can choose to show only "new posts since last visit", so then you can see your hand eval. threads and if there is an orange envelope next to it then it means some has replied in it.

If you are already using favorites and don't want them to be just for hand evaluations, then the search function is your best option.

Hope my suggestions somewhat work, they are not perfect, but that's the best I can come up with.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you Vorpal and Krishjanis :)

I believe that should really help you out SPeedFANat1c, if not please don't hesitate to ask any further questions :)

Regards,
      Gary
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I know those existing features, ok did not know about emails, but anyway, I am not keeping logged in at my email account, and this is the way around. So not perfect solution. Probably I don't get those emails, because when I check, I should have seen, but maybe in forum configuration I have to turn on email receivings or something. But I don't like email anyway, because, there are lots of other letters.

About favorites - again I only see those which I have added to favorites. Not every thread I create.

Search by username - long way :) typing username lots of work :)

I mean I am lazy in those tasks which can be automated. So I suggest them, not necesarilly in this forum, if new forum software is realeased soon then this can be in the new forum.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Search by username - long way :) typing username lots of work :)
      Not really sure, but I think all the searches are saved so you can just use this one link to search your threads. Just bookmark it in your browser.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/search.php?searchid=603451

Would be cool if an admin could confirm that the link will stay as it is.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Just bookmark it in your browser.

Oh, good idea :)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      did not know about emails, but anyway, I am not keeping logged in at my email account, and this is the way around. So not perfect solution. Probably I don't get those emails, because when I check, I should have seen, but maybe in forum configuration I have to turn on email receivings or something. But I don't like email anyway, because, there are lots of other letters.

About favorites - again I only see those which I have added to favorites. Not every thread I create.

I mean I am lazy in those tasks which can be automated. So I suggest them, not necesarilly in this forum, if new forum software is realeased soon then this can be in the new forum.
      If you go to
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/usercp.php?action=options_change
      You can see an option "Enable email notification by default?"
      If that is "yes" then you should get an email for every thread in which you have made a post.

I don't know if there is a setting to always add posts to favourites.
      I thought that there was, but couldn't find it just now.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      I don't know if there is a setting to always add posts to favourites.
      I thought that there was, but couldn't find it just now.
      That email option is the one that adds everything to favorites.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      but I tested with search feature by nickname, still it does not show different color icons, so I cannot see that confortably which are new, which I have read, which I haven't. So this is not a solution.

And this seach does not show updated results - it shows result from when I first time searched :)
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      And this seach does not show updated results - it shows result from when I first time searched :)
      Well then you better learn to type your username really fast :D
      Too bad it doesn't work, at least I now know something more about the search function.
      Are you sure the icons doesn't update to unread when someone replies in your thread? Did you do a new search and then look if the icons had changed?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      yeah, when doing new search, icons are different for new posts, I did not see that because it simply did not add new posts in the bookmarked search :)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Hehe, I have the solution for bookmarked search:

here is what you have to do if you want:

.) install chrome extention 'Advanced Page Injector'

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/advanced-page-injector/hiadkoalmmkgennhcldmdlndfgagkcim?hl=lt

of course this is for chrome, but maybe other browsers have such type of extentions too.

.) open chrome extentions and find the installed extention.
      .) click add new rule
      .) <noname> will appear. Click on it and the form will appear. Enter rule name whatever you want.
      .) in the match urls field enter url:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/search.php

.) in add javascript field enter this code:

var username = 'SPeedFANat1c'; // change here your username

var get_param = window.location.search.replace( "?", "" );

if (get_param == 'searchbyuser=yes') {

var input = document.getElementsByName('searchuser');
      input[0].value = username ;

var submit = document.getElementsByName('submit');
      submit[0].click();

}

edid the username instead of SPeedFANat1c use your own, unless you want to search my threads :)

save the form. Sometimes save button is inactive, so click on your title of so it will callapse and the save button becomes actice.

.) go to url http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/search.php?searchbyuser=yes

and script should enter username and click search button.

Now you have to just add this the link
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/search.php?searchbyuser=yes
      to the bookmarks before loading it. Because if you load it, it gets redirected to the results page, which we don't want in the bookmark. Simply save the bookmark with serch resulst and then edit the url.

Maybe this will be usefull for someone :)

This should work until pokerstrategy programmers change the parts of this page which my script uses.

Maybe this will be usefull for some of you :)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Wow!
      Nice find.
      I uses firefox at present, because of other extensions that make my life easier.

I might have to run two different browsers -- erm make that 3.
      I still use IE8 to connect to a couple of webmail feeds.