noulispa
      Bronze
      SB: $5.26 (105.2 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5.41 (108.2 bb)
      CO: $5.27 (105.4 bb)
      BTN: $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: Q:club:
      CO raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.70, CO calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.42) 4:club: A:spade: 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, CO calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.82) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2, Hero folds

villian is 14/11/open CO 24(46)/fld cbet 57/agg 3 /fld 3bet 80/WSD 6/W$SD 0(1)/ hands 314

here i want to talk for pre flop play . In these spots when a late position guy opens and i have QQ AK i have as default to 3bet and go broke cause the ranges are wider .. However against nitty guys who fold a lot on 3bet more than 80 % we can have a different approach ? maybe just call their open or 3bet fold but looks too weak against late position openers ..
  • 6 replies
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      pfff i made a mistake i was in wrong place could you plz move my hands in the HE foroum ?? plz
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      done!

about the hand, you have an interesting question.. because generally against such people who either fold or 4bet and 4bet a super tight range, we want to be 3betting a range that coolers their get-it-in range, and also a whole ton of bluff 3bets. that said, i still say just 3bet/get it in because he can always go broke with AK and that involves a total of 16 combos, compared to QQ (1 combo) KK (4 combos) and AA (also 4 combos). and so if he ever gets it in with AK - which i'd probably say is always in this situation, then it is probably going to be profitable to go broke with QQ here. i'm not a maths guy so i'm sure the judges will probably provide a decent answer.

thinking about it the other way, what happens postflop if you call with QQ and play OOP on this Ahi flop? i think it sucks
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noulispa
      pfff i made a mistake i was in wrong place could you plz move my hands in the HE foroum ?? plz
      thnxxx buddy ;DDDD
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      pfff i even make mistakes in the quote.. Tnx Dr!
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      given his fld to 3bet is 80, you can pretty much give him a very tight range like AK,JJ-QQ, maybe AQs
      flop sizing is okay, he almost never has FD's, since u block the Q:club: , so i think just c/f turn is okay because he is going to have AK very often. maybe AQ. you dont have good odds to call, you are behind like 100% of the time and even if the :club: hits, you can still be behind to something like AxK:club: .

if he is not too aggro, you might go into passive mode of c/c on the flop but i like your line better.

wp imo
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think 3betting is fine here of course in this spot.

Betting flop is kind of close since we are hardly getting any value out of worse hands.
      Of course cbetting will always show profit and we could do it and check/fold the turn.

Another reasonable line is to check turn. When we check I don't think he would bet worse made hands, so I'd check fold, and if he checks we could value bet against PPs since he would be more inclined to call.

Best,
      Plamen