UTG+2: $2.06
      MP1: $2.11
      MP2: $2.04
      CO: $1.26
      Hero (BTN): $3.98
      SB: $1.98

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with K:club: 3:heart:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.18) 6:club: 8:club: K:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, SB raises to $0.37, BB folds, Hero raises to $1, SB raises to $1.92 all in Hero ???????

What do I do here with TP no kicker? I guess I should just check/fold it from the outset because the only reason I raise preflop is to steal, and when that doesn't work I just give up the hand right?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Flop:

What are our options? Well it's unfortunate you picked the worse line.

Bet/3bet Flop - Clearly the worst play. This is pure overplaying of your hand. What are you hoping for when you reraise? What are you trying to achieve? Best case scenario, he has a pure bluff and folds. I don't think that's very likely. Why should he pull off a random c/r bluff against you in a 3way spot? Second best case for you is that he has a flush draw, and you are only a 64% favourite against that. Worst case scenario, he has KX with stronger kickers or a set and you are screwed.

Check Behind Flop - Your hand is medium strength, and you cannot go for more than 2 streets of value. You have to check some point in the hand and I think checking Flop or Turn is reasonable.

Bet/Fold Flop - Probably my Preferred option if I do bet. Now, we know nothing about his checkraising range. But I think we should assume that he doesn't bluff us here all that often, given that we showed so much strength by raising preflop and then cbetting into 2 other players on a semi-wet Flop.

Bet/Call Flop - I think this option is more reasonable if we had KQ or AK. At this point in time we have no idea about villain's checkraising range. Is it polarized, meaning he only checkraises straight draws and flush draws and sets and twopairs? Or does he checkraise for thin value too, with KJ KT K9? Does he ever semi bluff in the first place?

Without info, K3 is just not strong enough to call vs a typical checkraising range. But AK and KQ might be good enough? Who knows...