• noulispa
      BB: $8.68 (173.6 bb)
      UTG: $5 (100 bb)
      MP: $16.49 (329.8 bb) 16/13/fld 3bet 100(3) /482 hands
      CO: $5 (100 bb)
      BTN: $5.08 (101.6 bb) 19/14/fld 3bet 67(3)/agg 1.6 /304hands
      Hero (SB): $5.27 (105.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:heart: 9:heart:
      UTG posts BB OOP, UTG checks, MP raises to $0.20, CO folds, BTN calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.75, 3 folds, BTN calls $0.55

Flop: ($1.80) 5:spade: K:club: K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($1.80) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($1.80) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, BTN calls $1.25

preflop : i sqz cause both look tight and seem to fld a lot to 3bets . I make that size to have a better post flop play .
      flop : not a good board to cbet so i ch/fold
      turn: when i hit the FD i thought that is a good spot to ch/raise him i will look very strong + i have outs if i get called
      river : not much to say.

So my main Q is ok the plan on the turn to ch/raise him ?
  • 2 replies
    • Alan883
      Well you say you will have better postflop play and then you check everything. You won't have often good postflop play with 89s.

I also don't think that 89s is the best hand for squeezing since you will have to give up your hand almost every time post flop or make some bluffs. KQs for example is much better hand.

As played i think you show with squeeze something and Kx is for sure in that range. I think i would make a cBet representing K and give up a hand in case of other action.

You also say that you think turn is good spot for c/r. I think that this spot is totally unacceptable for c/r since on that board villain could easily have Kx and splow played this flop. If ouy want to represent something here you can represent it on the flop and take some advantage because of that.

At the end river bet is ok.
    • kymupa

Here I prefer just folding preflop.
      You don't have a big sample on them and calling will be bad since we are OOP.

On the flop I don't mind check/folding.
      Our intention of raising preflop was to bluff. We didn't succeed so there's nothing bad in just giving up.
      Also I don't think this is the kind of board that we can barrel once and take the pot.

As played on the flop, checking turn is fine. I don't really think we have much FE here.
      I don't really want to check/raise and get it in since we are never ahead and sometimes even get called by something like TT.
      So I prefer check/calling.

On the river betting is fine.