[NL2-NL10] [NL2 Zoom SH] KJs BTN (4b pot)

• Optroot
      Optroot
      Bronze
      Playing LAG without a HUD.

When opponents just click back 4 bet, I'm generally calling with my entire range because the price is so good. But this hand is making me rethink this. I can certainly call but am I giving up when I hit top pair and only getting it in with things that have decent equity vs an overpair??

In generally are we calling with our entire 3b range (vs clickback), and playing bluff catch once vs AK if we hit 1 pair, and raise with 2 pair/sets/combo draws?
      giving up OTT with only 1 pair? If this is our plan, is it better to just fold top pair right here?

BTW my BU 3b range is pretty wide vs Unknown MP.

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools by CardRunners - Hand Details

Hero (BTN): $3.82 (191 bb)
      SB: $2.07 (103.5 bb)
      BB: $1.99 (99.5 bb)
      UTG: $2.51 (125.5 bb)
      MP: $1.80 (90 bb)
      CO: $3.82 (191 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J K
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.06, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.18, 2 folds, MP raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.63) 7 3 J (2 players)
      MP bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.99) 6 (2 players)
      MP bets $1.32 and is all-in, Hero folds
  • 2 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I don't like a 3bet here. We will have very difficult post flop play most of the time plus we have hand that is easily dominated. I would just call here preflop.

Mp here made a big mistake with cBet sizing. He somehow tried to slow play his AA or KK. If his bet sizing were correct he could easily have your 90BB on his account.

Lets say he bets flop 0,4 and you call you almost have to call also the turn.

Just calling preflop would make your life here much easier.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

So I guess that we are bluff 3betting here?
      Since this is NL2 and our opponent is relatively unknown I'd just fold.
      When he min4bets calling is fine given the odds.

On the flop I think we can call against this sizing and he could be having worse hands.

On the turn folding is fine. I don't think he ever bets a weaker hand like this.

Best,
      Plamen