[NL2-NL10] [NL2 Zoom SH] KQo BB (triple barrel multiway)

• Optroot
      Optroot
      Bronze
      Playing LAG without a HUD.

My perceived range here is really strong, especially when I triple barrel. Villains likely don't have many Ax in their range. I decided to CB this board into 2 players, and expect to take it down most of the time.

When the turn fell and it was the SB who called I feel like the SB almost never has Ax and has mostly pair, pair gutshot hands. The plan was to bet turn and rivers that don't make a straight at this point, since it would take 2 barrels to get someone off 89,88 etc. I expect to never get called OTR.

Is this spew?

IMO I think this was a fine hand, but I got soul read and called by 88, which makes me think it's not a good play at all. Maybe because I'm playing without stats I picked the wrong opponent to do this too.

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools by CardRunners - Hand Details

BTN: $2.42 (121 bb)
      SB: $1.70 (85 bb)
      Hero (BB): $4.94 (247 bb)
      UTG: $3.14 (157 bb)
      MP: $1.95 (97.5 bb)
      CO: $3.76 (188 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q K
      UTG calls $0.02, 3 folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $0.10, UTG calls $0.08, SB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.30) 7 6 A (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.18, UTG folds, SB calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.66) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.34, SB calls $0.34

River: ($1.34) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.28, SB calls $1.08
  • 2 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I don't know why you think that Ax is not in their range. On that limits it is the most likely range Ax. I think i am just checking this flop and giving up the hand. For sure this is the most safe line and the easiest one and the less expensive.

You should easily wait for a better spot to get value. There is plenty of other spots where you can nicely extract the most value out of it on NL2. Simply on that limit villains won't fold often enaugh also with hands that you cannot believe they called :f_biggrin: :f_cool:
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I'd make it 6bb here.

Being 3way I think we have an easy check/fold here on the flop.
      We play NL2 against a limp/caller and we would feel very stupid when he calls down with A2 or something.
      There's no need to use those "creative" lines against those players - just play ABC poker.

Best,
      Plamen