NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20)
      BB ($4.95)
      UTG ($20.20)
      UTG+1 ($21.69)
      CO ($56.50)
      Hero ($20)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: T:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.60, fold, Hero raises to $2.40, fold, BB raises to $4.95 (AI), fold, Hero calls $2.55

UTG+1:

BB 26/13 93 hands

he does not 4bet often and does not fold to 3bets, so he calls lot of 3bets preflop. So I think I make money from him by 3beting.

BB is short, so I cannot get away I guess.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I think you 3bet way too large. 60->240 = 4X, which is way too large. I usually make it 150 but that's because I bluff with a really wide range. I would recommend 3X, so 60->180-200.

It may seem a little thin for you to 3bet vs UTG, but sure, I think given the stats you provided it is certainly a reasonable play.

And yes, when you are getting 25% pot odds to call after putting in half your stack, you are definitely committed.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I think you 3bet way too large. 60->240 = 4X, which is way too large. I usually make it 150 but that's because I bluff with a really wide range. I would recommend 3X, so 60->180-200.

But veriz at least never used to say that. Earlier I also did 3bet 3x vs 3bb and veriz teached me to fix sizing - make 4x vs 3bb, and in later hands which I posted, I never got answer that its too much. His reasoning was - not to give good odds for setmining.

So now I completely do not understand. Maybe both sizings are good, because poker can have multiple strategies in the same situation depending on style. Otherwise I don't understand.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      With a hand like TT if u 3bet so large, u fold out 77-99 really often and isolate urself against stronger hands. I also dont think that 3betting large is necessary to prevent him from setmining if u are usig a wide bluffing range. Sure if he hits and u hav OP u get stacked. But if u have some bluff hand >50% of thetime he just cant set mine profitably. So by 3betting smaller u can bluff at a much cheaper price with a much wider range. Also, when people invest less money pre they tend to play weaker and more of a fit or fold style which benefits u.

A large raise size only makes more sense when
      Your range is value heavy and
      He doesnt fold too much to larger sizes anyway (price inelastic)

This allows us to go for more value. Conversely if our range is more bluff heavy i go for a smaller size.

Regardless i think that 3betting tt to such a large size is a mistake.