[NL2-NL10] Bluff river?

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $38.25 (382.5 bb)
      CO: $10.45 (104.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $10 (100 bb)
      SB: $10.18 (101.8 bb)
      BB: $11.95 (119.5 bb)
      UTG: $18.18 (181.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 6 4
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 9 7 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

I didn't C-bet cause some draws might call. He could even have overcards that call.

Turn: ($0.65) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.35, Hero raises to $1.10, BB calls $0.75

I highly doubt he can have a hand here. I have a draw so I raise as a semi bluff.

I expect overcards to fold, lower pocket pairs to fold. Besides his bet size also looks rather weak.

River: ($2.85) A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Ace is a good scare card. His straight draws and lower pairs or even 9x could fold. So should I go for a river bluff here?
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

What's your reasoning for raising 64o here?
      I think we have an easy fold.

Checking back the flop is fine. We don't need to fight for every pot and with 6 high there is nothing much we can do on later streets.

Don't really like raising turn. We don't want to face a raise, also he could call us with JdTd for example which beats us.
      I'd just call here and reevaluate the river.

As you played on the turn, I'd actually bet the river since the ace is a scare card.

Best,
      Plamen
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

What's your reasoning for raising 64o here?
      That's how ballers roll. :f_cool:

I think the blinds were really tight which is why I was raising any 2. Don't have stats now as it was anon table but I'm sure I must have used my session stats while playing to make such a loose steal.

I was ready to give up my draw to further action. I was just trying to make garbage pairs fold with my raise here and if 3bet I'd know I'd be beat. Besides I my play could represent a 7x hand, now raising to get value and for some protection against how connected the board is becoming.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, you could have mentioned that blinds were tight in the first place, right?

Nevertheless, I still prefer not raising 64o since it plays super bad.
      Also, against tight opponents we could go for less than 3bb raises in order to need less FE.