bankrol managment

• nous27000
      nous27000
      Bronze
      Hi my friends i just started playing poker and i mde a deposit of 50$.I play now for three months at pokerstars NL2 and and i am still at 50$.one day i am up and the next i am down again.can somebody give me some tips...what should i do to make my game profitable?
  • 6 replies
    • 3prswins
      3prswins
      Bronze
      Hi Nous27000

I would definitely recommend the strategy articles poker strategy has to offer,

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/

Lots of very useful information in there :f_thumbsup:

Good Luck
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Just to say Hi, and welcome.

If you want to make allot of money in poker, you need to really put in the volume, so 3months doesnt really count :) As that could be 200 hands, or 200,000 hands.. So need to know how many hands.

Also post up stats, information, some hands. And we can evaluate them for you.

Thanks.

Damian
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      hi

If you havn't already got holdem manager 2 I would recommend it. If you are just playing the micro's there is a small stakes version that is cheaper to buy than the full version.

Having this sofeware will make it much easier to track your game. It will have all the hands you have played as well as how much you have won/lost and is much easier to post on here how many hands you have played etc so people can help you out. It is also a great tool to review your sessions and plug your leaks. HM2 has a lot of advantages that will make you a better player.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      I cant add much more than this thanks guys.

I would start with holdem manager 2 (there is a free trial). once you get up and running with that it will be easier for you to post hands and we can help you spot leaks.

Also check out this thread Choose the right poker video for you! to find the video that could help you most

All the best
      Carl
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      By the way, by being break even after three months with your starting capital, you're already doing better than 70% of the people on this site ;)
    • elliotmack
      elliotmack
      Bronze
      yes i think breaking even from 50 dollars after 3 months is alot better than most the people who play online.

although it is great to try and build your roll and its a great way to get started by starting off small the main aim for a poker site is for the player to actually break even. a site is there as a business so if after 3 months at nl2 and your even well done you have (sort of) beat the site itself! :D

in order to succeed id suggest following the beginner articles here they offer alot of information and help also download poker software such as holdem manager, pokeroffice, pokertracker this allows you to keep records of your histories and presents them in a graphical form which you can use here for people to analyse your game it will also show you wether your a winning/losing player. just in general an a bit more advice usually it takes:

30,000-100,000 hands in NLH to determine if you are a winning player and show an effective winrate
      500-1500 tourneys to see if your a winning player and show an effective win rate

also on cash games although at the lower stakes it doesnt sound much anything above 3 big blinds an hour or 2 bb (big bets) in limit holdem is a great point of income!

happy grinding!! :P