This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Biglion's small blog

• Biglion
      Biglion
      Global
      Hi, my name is Leonardo. I am a 27yo biotech technician making a major degree now. I live in Quilmes, Argentina and I have been playing here for a while. I am single and I live in an appartment given by my parents.

The cost of living here isn't THAT high but if you don't have a dollar in your pocket it can be hell. I am trying to make some serious money with poker. With 500$ a month I can rent some small appt near the university and move there. I have been a researcher for 4 years and I love it but I need some way to get money.

I started playing in Absolute Poker because of the huge quantity of freerolls they had in the past. I was able to play 4 freerolls at the same time without paying a dime and this way I won my first 10 dollars, of course they went back to absolute poker as fast as they came. I made another 17 bugs and I started playing NL25 with this, made 300 with those 17 dollars and started to play touraments. I made very good final positions and cashed over 800 in the course of a year playing once a week. Back then I was 24 and I quitted med school in order to start biotechnology.

A guy in some forum introduced PS to me and I started playing in Full Tilt and Party Poker. Also in the last months I worked for Poker Strategy as a english-spanish translator and cashed some money out.

Like 30 days ago I started a small journal on the spanish forum and now I am posting it right here on the english one.

I mainly play SnG in Full Tilt and I am looking forward to play MTT in the future.

Those are my first games after the middle year tests. I have been in control by not playing any poker at all for the last 6 days :P

Today at the tables. Day 16 (4th of July - 2008 ):
      Investment: 18.00$
      Winnings: 21.60$
      Earnings: 3.60$
      ROI of Day 16: 20,00%

From the beginning (110 games):
      Total Investment: 256,50$
      Total Winnings: 371,50$
      Total Earnings: 133,00$
      Accumulated ROI: 51,85%

Bankroll in Full Tilt: 163,70$ (+3,60$)

So far my achievements are :

I went a step ahead and started playing 2$ + 0,25$ instead of the 1,25$ ones in Full Tilt poker and my bankroll there is +128,10$ total.
  • 3 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey Biglion,

Very nice introduction! Good to see you also starting to Blog here - looks like you've been doing pretty well for yourself!

Good luck at the tables!
      Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Biglion
      Biglion
      Global
      This is from yesterday: I played poker like a donkey. Tried to fix my game and I wasnt able. I was on tilt. Lucky me a friend of mine was watching my tables and told me to quit and made me realize I was completely TILTED...

Yesterday at the table: Day 18 (6th of July - 2008 ):
      Investment: 27.00$
      Winnings: 25.20$
      Earnings: -1.80$
      ROI of Day 18: -6,66%

From the beginning (126 games):
      Total Investment: 292,50$
      Total Winnings: 405,70$
      Total Earnings: 131,20$
      Accumulated ROI: 44,85%

Bankroll in Full Tilt: 161,90$ (-1,80$)
    • Biglion
      Biglion
      Global
      Today, I started the day well. My health has improved (god I played oh so many mmorpgs that sometimes I feel like speaking in one of them)...

Anyway, I was sick, I caught a cold in the university. Now I am fine and back at the tables.

So far this day have been great besides of the lag. I played laggy all the day long. I really don't know what happened with my connecion. I have 3Mb cable and it was laggy? WTF?

Well, the point is that I won and I am very happy.

I am trying to get 220$ asap to start playing on the 5,50$.

Today at the tables. Day 19 (6th of July - 2008 ):
      Investment: 18.00$
      Winnings: 30.60$
      Earnings: 12.60$
      ROI of Day 19: 70,00%

From the beginning (134 games):
      Total Investment: 310,50$
      Total Winnings: 443,50$
      Total Earnings: 133,00$
      Accumulated ROI: 46,31%

Bankroll in Full Tilt: 174,50$ (+12,60$)

Finally, those are my short and long term goals:
      Advance to 2$ + .25$ SnGs at Full Tilt with 40 buy-ins :spade:
      Release the initial bonus of 50$ at Party Poker :spade:
      Advance to 5$ + .50$ SnGs at Full Tilt with 50 buy-ins (working on it)
      Liberar los 100$ de bono en Party Poker
      Advance to 10$ + 1$ SnGs at Full Tilt with 60 buy-ins
      Withdrawing 400$ to buy a nice 22'' monitor
      Withdrawing 250$ to buy a pretty good video card (HD4850)
      Advance to 20$ + 2$ SnGs at Full Tilt with 70 buy-ins

Hope you guys enjoy this blog, its always a pleasure surfing this forum.

Lenny