BTN: 148 BB (VP 13 / PR 0 / Hands 10)
      SB: 122.5 BB
      BB: 415.5 BB
      Hero (UTG): 140 BB
      MP: 126 BB
      CO: 239 BB (VP 14 / PR 10 / Hands 30)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has Q:heart: A:diamond:

Hero raises to 4 BB, MP calls 4 BB, CO calls 4 BB, BTN calls 4 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (17.5BB, 4 players) 5:club: A:club: 3:spade:
      Hero bets 13 BB, fold, CO calls 13 BB, BTN calls 13 BB

Turn: (66.5BB, 3 players) K:heart:
      Hero?

PF: Hero raises for value, since he most likely has the strongest hand at the table.

F: Hero has top pair, so bets in order to get value from weaker Ax hands as well as to protect his hand from possible flush or straight draws.

T: After the CO calls, Hero is worried that he is already beat. Though Hero only has 30 hands on CO, he already seems to be a rather tight player. Therefore, his range is most likely AQ+, 55 or 33, none of which Hero is beating.

Hero could only attempt to bluff AQ of their hand, but it is unlikely that CO would call flop with AQ then would fold AQ to a second barrel and AQ only constitutes a small part of his range. Since it makes no sense for Hero to bet for value, protection or as a bluff then Hero would find a check here and fold to most bets.

So what lines are you taking here? If you choose to bet, how do you re-act to a raise from either player?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      *please use another converter. Your converter is not good because pot size is expressed in dollars while bet sizes are expressed in BB. makes it harder to read.

I think AK should raise preflop a lot. You probably have the best hand still. I think 55 and 33 would raise the Flop a lot, especially in BU's shoes.

So bet 75 cents, and fold to a raise.

If one or both of them call, I think one has a weaker ace and the other guy has a flush draw. Or both have weaker AX.

Fold on all flush completing cards, bet half pot on a blank to get value from AJ and AT. If the River is a Jack, I also c/f cos I think they have AJ a lot.