[NL2-NL10] KK against 3 callers, A on flop

• Baconbits
      Hi folks, could anyone tell me what I should've done with this mess, it's the worst hand I've played for a few days and it's kind of gnawing away at me.

Situation is, I was up 5BB and going to leave table as blinds came around, according to SSS, when I got KK UTG+2. Obviously this is a hand you dont want to fold, so I raised and got 3 callers...

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:spade: , K:heart:
      UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP1 calls $0.40, 2 folds, CO calls $0.40, BU folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.70) 8:heart: , A:heart: , 3:diamond: (4 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, CO raises to $0.70, 3 folds.

Final Pot: $2.70

I know my call on the flop was horrible, I was in 2 minds wether to push or fold there and then, but a backdraw flush draw caught my eye, and 2 players to act behind me made me nervous and I bottled it a bit.

What would everyone else have done????? (ie someone who knows what they're doing, unlike me :( )
  • 8 replies
    • Gerv
      Hi BaconBits, since I didnt saw any previous posts or topics I would like to welcome you here. I may be wrong about that your new so excuse me for that.

Handjudge 098799 is currently on vacation so a judge verdict may come delayed.

As concerning my comments regarding your play:

] There are 4 players on the flop with a dangerous flop for you. My oddchart I downloaded somewhere says that the chance of '4 Players on Flop, and a player has an Ace when one is on board is roughly ~47%

] Also count that 1 of your Villains should/could have a flushdraw hand giving him the odds 2 to 1 (50%) from the Flop till The river to hit his (nut)flush.

So based on these 2 facts, I should check/fold accordingly because your Kings are now considered worthless regardless on how hard this could sound :D

Just do not get married to preflop monsters because they could be trash.

Concluded: Your decision to fold is a solid and good one. I would do the same.
      Keep up the game and post more sample hands whenever your in doubt ;)

• Baconbits
      Hi Gerv, I am pretty new here, this is only like my third post, and only second hand I've posted, so thanks for the welcome.

I'm new to NL after playing FL for about a year, and just started with the SSS, so you might see me on here talking nonsense quite a bit now.

Thanks for your comments, my first instinct was to fold I think. Thing is there's always a little voice nagging me to be more aggresive as I used to play quite a passive game, which is why I've come to PS to learn :)

Think I'm being a little too critical of myself, like I should've won the hand somehow, thanks for being the voice of reason.

• DeKuip
      First of all, welcome here :)

Then about the hand, against so many players it's an easy check/fold for me.
      I wouldn't even call the $0.10 bet. I know, folding looks strange, maybe you can raise to get some info, but I wouldn't recommend that. You can only beat someone with a bluff here. You win a small pot or lose a big one.

As Gerv said, "dont get married to preflop monsters". Being able to fold these kind of hands will save you lots of money in the end.

We still have xylere here to judge some stuff btw, hopefully he'll find some time to do that :)

I'm also leaving for 10 days to France on Monday, I doubt if I'll be able to get on the internet while I'm there :(

Anyway, keep those hands coming and good luck on the tables!
    • Baconbits
      Thanks for the input DeKuip, sound advice.

I'm sure they have the internet in France by now tho ;)

Have a nice break.

• DeKuip
      Originally posted by Baconbits
      I'm sure they have the internet in France by now tho ;)
      Yea, that's what I've heard.
      But I doubt if I'm able to reach that :)

But hé, we'll see!!
    • burek2000
      I'm a little late with my post, but anyway, wasn't projudged yet... :rolleyes:

Welcome, Baconbits!

All I could advise you about this hand is just the fact that without a made hand or solid draw you should just play c/f against more than one opponent. Also if your opponent make such a pointless bet as 1 BB in 17 BB pot. It just isn't worth it.

If you focused on BFD I can only tell you that it gives you 1,5 outs and 2 remaining kings give you 2 additional outs, which means 3,5 outs altogether --> 100% trash.

You should only play hands with 8+ outs(OESD and FD). Otherwise just fold and avoid any trouble, specially if you are new to SSS.

And keep posting hands to learn what the right decisions are in specific situations.
    • dallievas
      Welcome Baconbits,
      very nice hand and good fold.Fold(c/f) your trash hands against 3 opp+drawy board +out of position.
      Good luck :)
    • xylere
      Hi Baconbits,

and welcome to our boards)

its sad to get such a flop with Kings in a 4way pot, but you can't do anything else then c/f