$24.51
      MP2:
      $26.60
      MP3:
      $25.00
      CO:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6, 6.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.5) T, 5, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BB calls $0.90.

Turn: ($3.3) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, BB calls $1.70.

River: ($6.7) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.25, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.7.
      his stats in 29 hands vpip25 pfr0 af1,3 wtsd29 w$sd0  
      how was my second barrel? in this situation,I go second barrel with the hands like KJ,Q9,or most random hands cuz CB once doesnt work well.
      but I feel check fold seems to be better sometimes.
      how should I play this hand? second barrel was okey? river fold was good?
  • 6 replies
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Hi,

Generally I like double barrelling these kinds of boards because, like you say, people tend to not fold a lot to a cbet.

But with your hand, I prefer to check. Reasons are twofold;

1) The hands we are aiming to fold out, you beat anyways. Hands like 56s, 54s, A5, A3, A4, A2 you beat already, so there is no real need to bet versus them since they are often letting you see a showdown anyways.

2) You have zero equity if called. I much prefer to do it with any kind of equity, even if it's just a couple of overcards or w/e.

It is true that he probably has a lot of QJ/KQ/Q9 etc, but none of them are probably folding turn, and I don't believe we can just blindly 3barrel and hope for the best. So just check/fold turn.

ifs
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey. given that BB will be floating us a lot once we check the turn, why not play X/C turn and river? if river was a blank for example..
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Don't like it. Doubtful he has enough floats compared to Tx to make it profitable for us to c/c twice, especially considering all his floats prob has decent equity vs us.

ifs
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by imfromsweden007
      Hi,

Generally I like double barrelling these kinds of boards because, like you say, people tend to not fold a lot to a cbet.

But with your hand, I prefer to check. Reasons are twofold;

1) The hands we are aiming to fold out, you beat anyways. Hands like 56s, 54s, A5, A3, A4, A2 you beat already, so there is no real need to bet versus them since they are often letting you see a showdown anyways.

2) You have zero equity if called. I much prefer to do it with any kind of equity, even if it's just a couple of overcards or w/e.

It is true that he probably has a lot of QJ/KQ/Q9 etc, but none of them are probably folding turn, and I don't believe we can just blindly 3barrel and hope for the best. So just check/fold turn.

ifs

if my hands are QJ,KJ,Q9, how should I play? what is the best play with these hands?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      You should consider double barreling 2 overs + gutshots. so on TXX8, hands like QJ Q9 J9 79 become suitable candidates for multi barreling. I think he should fold many hands worse than TX on the Turn, and you always have the option of betting Rivers (like I would bluff an Ace and King, and value bet a Queen or Jack)
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      What mbml said. We can barrel QJ/Q9/etc because they have a lot more equity when called, and can fold out a lot of better hands.