This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL10 OESD+pair flop

• farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 100 BB
      SB: 129 BB
      BB: 61.1 BB
      UTG: 100 BB
      UTG+1: 99 BB
      MP: 87.4 BB
      MP+1: 308.7 BB
      CO: 42.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 4:heart: 5:heart:

fold, fold, MP calls 1 BB, MP+1 calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 6 BB, fold, BB calls 5 BB, MP calls 5 BB, fold

Flop: ($1.95, 3 players) 3:diamond: 4:spade: 2:heart:
      BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets 12.4 BB, BB raises to 55.1 BB and is all-in, fold, Hero ????

MP stats: VP/PFR 33/0, fold to cbet 36, call cbet 62, WTS51 and the reason why I decided to iso-raise here
      MP+1 stats: 13/6 over 65 hands, I was hoping for a fold by him (otherwise I would put him on QQ+)
      SB 11/8, should usually fold
      BB unknown (<50 hands, and my HUD only displays at 50+)

My hand plan was to iso-raise on the flop, and upon resistance give up. at that flop, can I call with my hands?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Preflop: I kind of feel that 45s is too weak to isoraise. It could be a fine play, but if you expect to not isolate one of the guys, and if you think it gets multiway really often, then I prefer to limp behind.

I am generally more conservative with iso-raising 2 limpers in front of me, simply because I rarely get to isolate one opponent. Very high chance of SB/BB coming along too, and then you have some 3way action which sucks really hard for a weak hand like 45s.

Flop: Well he's 60bb stack, and we have pair + draw. Go with it I suppose? If you are lucky he might do it with a hand like AJ (2 overs + gutshot).