This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25, 9Ts

• TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($6.75) 27bb
      UTG+1 ($30.30) 121bb
      CO ($10) 40bb
      Hero (BTN) ($32.14) 129bb
      SB ($25.57) 102bb
      BB ($40.24) 161bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is BTN 9 T
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 1 fold, BB raises to $1.75, Hero calls $1.25

Flop: 2 J 3 ($3.60, 2 players)
      BB bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: K ($7.60, 2 players)
      BB bets $3.75, Hero calls $3.75

River: A ($15.10, 2 players)
      BB bets $7, Hero goes all-in $24.64, BB calls $17.64

Final Pot: $64.38
      Hero shows a flush, Ace high 9 T BB shows K K Hero wins $62.38 (net +$30.24) BB lost $32.14

Villain was showing around 32/26, 14% 3b, 3.0 AF after couple of dozen hands.

He was active in 3b-ing from blinds and ip. His cbet at flop is 100% but samples are rly small. No stat of cbet on T in 3b pot.

My gameplan: My plan is to float flop and act accordingly to his turn action and turn card. I would raise all diamonds and bet vs his check trying to take the pot down.

As played: He gives me great odds on turn so calling seems as best option here. River is pretty standard.

-When we don't have stats/reads on an opponent do want to avoid these spots (pre & flop) and have at least a bit of EQ in our hand (like bdfd, PP, overcards etc). Main reason for this line is to try to fight his wide 3b range and find his post tendencies.

-As played, mainly on turn and river, is it optimal?

Thank you!
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      1) I like your flop float. We need to combat wide ranges with wide ranges ourselves

2) Not too sure how much I like bluff raising a diamond. If i floated the flop with something like AdQ or QdK then I would like it more. You shouldn't try to rep flushes without flush blockers in my opinion.

3) On the TUrn I think you are too deep to bluff raise here. And I think KX never bet/folds anyway unless he's nitty. So call is good.

4) River: Now shove, he doesn't put you on flushes too often.

Overall I think you played the hand well. But don't just randomly raise diamonds. Especially when stacks are not that deep, and it's a 3bet pot. People won't necessarily bet/fold overpairs or TPTK in these spots. Maybe 200bb it would make more sense.