[NL2-NL10] [FR] NL2 AQs(3) 26-11-12

• Resilence
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (CO): $2.53 (126.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.43 (71.5 bb)
      SB: $2.09 (104.5 bb)
      BB: $0.95 (47.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $1 (50 bb)
      MP1: $1.46 (73 bb)
      MP2: $0.40 (20 bb)
      MP3: $1.06 (53 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A Q
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BTN folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds

Flop: ($0.18) K Q J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.18) K (2 players)
      SB bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18

River: ($0.54) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28

Not sure I should have checked the flop to him, but the board does contain his calling range, I decided to play it passively as I've seen this villain bluff on drawy boards before.

On the turn I was sure he was trying to take the pot, as I couldn't figure out what he would have called with preflop, if he had KQ yes he would fire, but I still think he would donk bet then, he likes to lead, but calling his bet is a mistake when it is this big I think.

On the river I was a bit in doubt it could be a thin value bet, but decided to call against his loose agressive range, as he bluffs in this spot very oftent.

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      Well, if you have those reads that you mentioned we can go ahead and check to let him bluff.

The fact that he pots it might be him trying to represent a strong hand so you fold.

If I check the flop with the intention to bluff catch based on the reads we have that's exactly what I would do.

I'd also expect him to bet most Kx hands larger on the river for value so I'd still call.

Without reads I would cbet this flop for value/protection.
    • Resilence
      Was so happy I trapped him, but kinda feared this was overplaying my skill level, fortuneately my reads on him was correct in this one, he had PP 33 :P
      So yea he really likes bluffing :)
    • mbml
      I like your play here for sure. And I would use it by default, readless. I would also do it with hands like AA and AK.

Your hand is nice, and it sucks to have to bet/fold the Flop. He could potentially bluff your straight outs, and if he bets on an Ace, you might find a herocall too.

Anyway on this run-out definitely never folding when the King pairs and all flush draws miss.