Mindset and downswing problems related

• kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Hi Guys, first of all, hope this is the right section of the forum to post such thread as I didn't really post anything like in the past as finally, tilting and mindset problems affect me too.

It is funny to see how life works in general when you think that something will never happen o you and instead ...

Well, Im believe that something in the end has broke in my mindset (never say never eh?!) and without go to long and became boring, I would like ask if we got anything on mindset related, bad-run, bad-beat and mindset problems. Thank you!

Anything in video or articles will be great plus, if there is anywhere I can go to take tips and suggestion on how leave this negative and black place.

Thank you in advance for any helps given! :)
  • 10 replies
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      hello

i know this will sound harsh, but the first thing that came to my mind when i read this thread was...

He obviously has not searched this site for some very good content on the subject he is requesting (this is easy to find) which leads me to believe that you are a very lazy and complacent person who probably never works to improve his game and has a low understanding of the fundamentals of poker thus why you suffer from Bajunkie tilt

Good luck and i hope im wrong
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      This is the right place to ask for video suggestions! :)
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nefarious26
      hello

i know this will sound harsh, but the first thing that came to my mind when i read this thread was...

He obviously has not searched this site for some very good content on the subject he is requesting (this is easy to find) which leads me to believe that you are a very lazy and complacent person who probably never works to improve his game and has a low understanding of the fundamentals of poker thus why you suffer from Bajunkie tilt

lol ... u r wrong :)
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pucilpet
      This is the right place to ask for video suggestions! :)
      Thx m8 ;)
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nefarious26
      hello

well, btw, srry m8 but I was wondering ups and down the house and I cannot rest without asking hope that doesn't bother you too much if I may ask you something

you saw a post of some1 in our community that asking for help on a delicate matter like mindset

now, without too much information (that I haven't give out) you decide to write and reply to this (guy that for some his own reason obviously he got some issue 2day on such topic) by call him lazy, go and search for your self worthless piece of nothing, etc (obv, that's the sense of ur reply)

now, I would like ask you something, do you think that's right?
      That's the way you wish to be spoken if you got a bad time or what-so-ever?

Thank you and appreciate any explanation :)
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      Hi

iM Sorry that you have taken offense to my post (which i do understand)

i would like to point out that i was only relating my thoughts upon reading this thread which were my own personal opinion

if all you was looking for was a cuddle and a shoulder to cry on then you should have made your intentions more clear

Good luck and all the best
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      Have a read through the LEARNING TO WIN section of the forum i think its about 3 down from this section
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      hi, kiro
      Don't know if you have read anything by Jarred Tendler?

I'm asking because when I read the book (The Mental Game of Poker) it helped me identify places where I did really dumb things to my mind. As he also points out poker players are really bad psychologists, we usually end up with having a destructive mindset on our own play etc.

It has helped me alot, and I'm sure it will/can help you somehow to.
      It doesn't erase all your problems at once, but if you work on it, i'm sure everything will look brighter. :)
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Thanks guys :)

@ Resilence: Yes, I got the book (eBook to be correct) and I also got The Poker Mindset ... Im just worry that Im playing latest affect by the downswing (in fact, an hand posted in the Tournament thread seem say exactly that ... more attention and investigation needed on the subject but the point is how to be accurate and professional enough?) and I was wondering how to find (if any) and how to fix
      I didn't have an answer like that during my reading of the books but obv may be that I was at the time too much bothering and interested a lot on the topic (I mean maybe,we see) :)

@nefarious: not offense m8, I didnt mean like that ... u r fine ;)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by kiromanAAKK
      @ Resilence: Yes, I got the book (eBook to be correct) and I also got The Poker Mindset ... Im just worry that Im playing latest affect by the downswing (in fact, an hand posted in the Tournament thread seem say exactly that ... more attention and investigation needed on the subject but the point is how to be accurate and professional enough?) and I was wondering how to find (if any) and how to fix
      The Mental Game of Poker needs to be used like a workbook.
      Pick one aspect of your mental game that you think needs improvement.

Study the techniques needed to overcome it, and practice them before a session.
      As you play, pay attention to your emotions, and try to see when they start to get out of line. Take notes on this as you would take notes on a player.

At the end of the session, analyse your mental game just as you would analyse your poker game.

This is the "Process Model" from MGP.

I did not even KNOW that I was tilted, until I won a hand, and felt really, really good about it. This made me realize that I had been feeling really crappy about poker for quite a while.

After reading MGP, I realized I was actually in a long-term multi-tilt.
      Almost every form of tilt mentioned applied to me in one form or another -- except maybe overconfidence.

Good luck w/ the solution.
      It takes as much effort learning the mental part as it does to learn the poker part.

I've moved this to the "Learning to Win" forum since it fits so well with the other topics there.