How to play total idiots?

• G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      I don't know what's going on with pokerstars lately, but every table I open is full of 'total idiots'.
      They're not even worth the name 'donk'.

I was 2 tabling and had pokertrackerstats on everybody. first table had an average WTS of 75%, second table had an WTS of 85%

multiple people having stats like: 95/18/0.8/87

How do I play these people... I can't c-bet them, raising preflop seems pretty useless with non-premium hands, ...

I tried to valuebet them lightly, but I either get suckt out on, or I'm behind the whole way....

I played 429 hands today, and I'm down 110BB
      I know variance has got a big part in that, but I'm really feeling kinda clueless against those players, and sertainly when there's a table full of them...

Any tips?
  • 5 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      If you dont like it, change tables maybe?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      These guys are the most worthy opponents you can find! It's kind of hard when there are 4/6 players but it's still better than 0/6 ;)

- don't cbet on turn IP against 2 or more without premium hand too often and rather take a free card
      - never c/r as a bluff or semibluff against 2 or more (only if the have very small wts - not ussual)
      - always bet hand like 2nd pair with good kicker
      - they like to bet with trash on river IP after your check so A high (or even K high) is very strong hand on good board
      - Ace on the board is the most dangerous card with these guys.. if you have KK and have more than 2 loose opponents on Axx board be ready to pay off :evil:
      - don't get on tilt after very bad suckout because these guys will pay you in 4/5 situations on average

btw: Once I had JJ and raised 1 limper; flop came J55 so you can say it's dream flop :) He checked, I bet, he called. Turn was blank so again he c/c and there was 5 on the river... He donk bet and I was much more than happy to raise him as he used to do such stupid moves with trash before. He just called and showed 52o :(
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      ...btw: Once I had JJ and raised 1 limper; flop came J55 so you can say it's dream flop :) He checked, I bet, he called. Turn was blank so again he c/c and there was 5 on the river... He donk bet and I was much more than happy to raise him as he used to do such stupid moves with trash before. He just called and showed 52o :(
      haha he probably thought u both had a 5 for split quads :tongue:
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      LOL, let me show u a hand from today:

0,5/1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.55 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , J:heart:
      MP2 raises, MP3 folds, CO 3-bets, 2 folds, BB calls, MP2 caps, CO calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12,50 SB) 3:club: , 7:heart: , T:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets, CO raises, BB calls, MP2 3-bets, CO caps, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (12,25 BB) 4:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets, CO raises, BB calls, MP2 3-bets, CO caps, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (24,25 BB) Q:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets, CO raises, BB folds, MP2 3-bets, CO caps, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 32,25 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows high card queen with ten kicker (6h 8c)
      MP2 shows high card king with queen kicker (6c Kh)

MP2 wins with high card king with queen kicker (6c Kh)

First option: MP2 is a real pro, as he seemed to be certain his K-high was the best hand all the way, so he got the max value out of it :D .
      Second option: these two guys were both way too wasted last night (i think this one is more likely than the first one).
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      lol...

Yesterday I made "value bet" with 34 on a river and villain called. He showed 32.
      We both had nothing so we split the pot. :P
      He called with the worst hand possible. Ok, and I made bet with the second worst hand, but anyway :P