graph after 550 sngs

• JD888
      JD888
      Bronze
      samplesize: 562
      limit: $6+0.5 (turbo) on Stars

I never changed my playing style during those sngs and I think my play is reasonably strong since I don't push tight and don't overplay medium strong hands during the first levels and so on. but atm I'm a little disappointed by the outcomes of the last 200 sngs in which I played break even and finally ended up in a 18 BI down session. I would like to know if this graph looks normal and if there are any advices that could help me to handle with my situation.
  • 7 replies
    • Kelekin
      Kelekin
      Bronze
      Losing streaks happen to everyone. It's unfortunate you slid about $100 total profit at the end there. Only thing I could suggest (out of my own experience) is to either drop a level during a bad streak or take a break. If I didn't quit my job 3 weeks ago, I wouldn't be playing as much poker as I do now. I used to find that after I took a month or two off, I played my best poker because my mind was completely refreshed. It's hard to take a long time off though when you're addicted.
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      that kind of downswing is normal on these turbo sng but from the graph it looks like you can make a lot a profit from them over time

remember , to have good BRM min 50bi for these , your BRM need to be higher than normal time limits because of these downswings

if you are on one of these downswing , take a break from playing them for few days , watch some sng video's and look at the ICM ranges around the bubble

they dont suit everyone but hopefully you will soon turn this around
    • JD888
      JD888
      Bronze
      yeah well I don't think I'm addicted..
      If I have a session in which I lose about 10BI I make some refreshment and return to the tables some hours later. what's freaking me out is the fact that I know I can beat these low limit opponents but the variance keeps on crapping on me and the permanence of these runs..
    • JD888
      JD888
      Bronze
      yeah well, that's the updated one...

played 70 more sngs and I went down even more after making some profit and broke even then for a while, it looks a bit like an upswing while regarding the last ~20 sngs. I gave the MTT sngs (also 6+0.5) a try and done fairly well in them. placed 2nd in the first one and 3rd in the second one.. they are pretty easy to play and I will now take them into my sets among the STT sngs so it looks like 4x STT and 2x MTT for one set.. hope that this kinda making profit will hold on
    • DeCaY
      DeCaY
      Bronze
      what tool did u use for plotting the graph?
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      This graph is sharkscopes own
    • JD888
      JD888
      Bronze
      yip ;)