[NL2-NL10] [NL10-SH] QQ thin value river

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $10 (100 bb)
      SB: $10 (100 bb)
      Hero (BB): $35.76 (357.6 bb)
      MP: $10 (100 bb)
      CO: $6.43 (64.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q Q
      MP folds, CO calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) J A 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, CO calls $0.55

Turn: ($1.95) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($1.95) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO calls $1

Results:
      $3.95 pot ($0.19 rake)
      Final Board: J A 3 6 A
      Hero showed Q Q and won $3.76 ($1.81 net)
      CO mucked T J and lost (-$1.95 net)

went for bet/fold on the river. dont have stats on villain. think alot of Jx will look us up, weaker Aces will call obv, and stronger raise.
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Preflop: Looks good. If he is a big fish we can make it 5x.

Flop: The cbet is thin but we can still get value from Jx, broadways with gutshots.

Turn: We can check here but that means that we are ck/folding versus unknown fish. If he checks back we almost always have the best hand so we can valuebet the river.

River: Once he checked the turn we almost always have the best hand so valuebetting is fine.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      the only reason i bet is because of the A on the river. It makes it less likely he has an Ax hand.

But what if the river was a blank, can we still Vbet or is it far too thin?

What other lines could i take with this hand? check flop, and lead turn if he checks back flop?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      The fact that he checked the turn makes me think he doesn't have an Ax hand most of the time. The fact that another A hits the river makes it even less likely but even if the river wasn't an A we can still valuebet against the same range.

Against unknown fish I don't like checking the flop because I put myself in a guessing position. What if he bets? Do we check/fold or call? And if we call there are 2 more streets OOP with 2nd pair.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Of course you can still bet also if river is blank...your line should be bet/fold river.

Maybe the other line is without cBet and play for pot control passively with bluff catcher on river and get some value with Tx.

As said maybe your line in kind of problematic here in terms of villains beting on turn. You have then to fold maybe better hand. Passive line still gives you option to make a cheap call and extract some value from Jx hands.

Also as you played i think it is fine on our stakes:)
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Yeah bogdan you are right but we face here the same problem every line we take.

We somehow has to check turn if we are called on flop and fold to turn bet.

With passive line if we call flop bet do we think he is cappable of beting turn without Ax?