milestone hand pop-ups CANT be blocked (!!!)

• mktpppr
      mktpppr
      Bronze
      hi guys,
      anybody else find these announcements irritating? they pop-up on ALL my tables (!!!) X(

pls see Stars Support reply below, i 12-table and when a milestone hand is near, every 2mins a message pops-up on all my tables

also, i've been playing on Stars since BF and i dont remember it being like this for all the past milestones, this must be something new

any help appreciated
      -------
      Hello xxx,

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

We are sorry if these pop-up announcements are bothersome to you, but unfortunately they cannot be removed.

For most tournament advertisements, you can stop these from appearing at the tables by selecting from the PokerStars Lobby screen:

'Options -> Tournament Announcements -> Block Pop-Up and Chat Announcements'.

However, for special events such as the WCOOP or Milestone Hands, it is considered that this information is important for all members of PokerStars and cannot be blocked.

Again, we apologize if this is inconvenient to you but invite you to join us in the celebration of this very important PokerStars event.

More information about the Road to 100 Billion Milestone Hands promotion, can be found here:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/100-billion/

If you have any further questions or require assistance with any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

xxx
      PokerStars Support Team
      ---
      We are poker!
  • 7 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey RobertAdams,

Maybe it's something they will look into in the future but at this minute this is the story :(

I agree, they are quite annoying!

Regards,
      Gary
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      I wish the could take away that "Thank you for playing. You finished in position 862346798." message. X(

/Johan = :f_confused:
    • mktpppr
      mktpppr
      Bronze
      ok 2+2 all over this, a client update should/has/will fix this, i'm not playing or going to play now until tomorrow, bedtime here :f_cool: maybe someone grinding now can reply ITT? thx

anyway, gl tomorrow to all at tables
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Interesting, I play through 2-4 milestones a day and only saw one of these blue, all over the screen announcements yesterday. Altough I mostly play at night when the traffic is low so it might be something to do with that.

Pop-Up and Chat Announcements are blocked for me.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RobertAdams
      ok 2+2 all over this, a client update should/has/will fix this, i'm not playing or going to play now until tomorrow, bedtime here :f_cool: maybe someone grinding now can reply ITT? thx

anyway, gl tomorrow to all at tables
      Maybe this, updated the software yesterday so this has probably been implemented now :)

Can anyone confirm please ;)
    • mktpppr
      mktpppr
      Bronze
      confirmed, my problem was fixed by Stars with the new client of ~26th Nov

turn off milestone pop-ups under Options->Table display options

btw, you cant see the option now because milestone period is finished
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Nice one, at least it will be solved when the next lot of hands begin :)