UTG calls $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.95, 2 players) K:club: J:club: 4:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.71, UTG calls $0.71

Turn: ($2.37, 2 players) 3:spade:
      UTG bets $2.37, Hero calls $2.37

River: ($7.11, 2 players) 8:heart:
      UTG bets $2.20, fold

UTG wins $6.64

This was a very tough hand for me while I was playing.

On the flop, I have a pretty standard value bet. I think I played that fine. On the turn however, I wasn't quite sure what to do.

I figured he would often have a flush draw or weaker pair here, so I decided to call. If he had a strong hand like a set, he probably would have raised the flop on this board. And even though it's a pot size bet, I certainly have 50% equity against a range consisting of flush draws, straight draws and weaker pairs (like QJ type of hands). So really, the only hands I'm really concerned about here are KQ, KJ and 44, which would probably raise on the flop. I can also discount AA, KK, JJ and AK, because he almost certainly would not just limp/call these pre.

When he bets very tiny again on the river, I actually wanted to call again, for the same reasons as above. But I didn't.

So I feel like I should have called this river bet.

Some input would be great! :)
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Tino,

Preflop: looks good versus limper IP.

Flop: I like our larger cbet on this coordinated board. Pure value/protection from us.

Turn/river: Considering that you go with this hand based on some assumptions you have to stick with them on the river as well, especially on such a blank.

That 3s changes nothing on the turn so his donk doesn't make any sense to me. He may try to semibluff there with weak draws and then tries small on river as well. So I would never fold this river after calling turn.