$2.11
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU (Hero):
      $2.19
      SB:
      $0.48

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, K.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB folds, BB raises to $0.24, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.49) 4, 5, A (2 players)
      BB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.73) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.24, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.73.

Villain is 11/6 over 142 hands with 0.7 AF

Reviewing this hand now I think I should have done a 4bet/fold if shown further aggresion...he likes to defend his blind

as played, when I saw his low flop bet I thought I was ahead anyway, another club on the turn is scary but I think I shouldnt have gave up so easily as I think he would have bet stronger if he had anything...

thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • Optroot
      Optroot
      Bronze
      I don't like 4b folding AK. If you 4b AK it should for value against someone stacking off with TT+,AK, or looser. Someone this tight is not going to be 3b wide enough to 4b fold AK, even though they probably 5b KK+, and you have blockers, I'd rather just play IP with AKo.

I think I'm making a mega large raise OTF. Don't expect villain this tight to have too many flushes, expecting him to CC with SC and such, and 3b AQ+,77+. something like that. So I might make a PSR ($0.90?) right here and get it in on safe turns folding to any club. Expecting to be called by worse A with a club, sometimes PP with a club, sometimes hes freerolling with AK :club: .
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Against a nitty opponent I like calling preflop.

On this flop I'd actually raise/go broke.

As played on the flop, folding turn is ok. There is no point in calling, since we can't really call on the river and we can be drawing dead.

Best,
      Plamen