This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKo on button

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG2:
      $2.12
      MP1:
      $0.98
      MP2:
      $2.48
      MP3:
      $2.11
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU (Hero):
      $2.19
      SB:
      $0.48

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, K.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB folds, BB raises to $0.24, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.49) 4, 5, A (2 players)
      BB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.73) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.24, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.73.

Villain is 11/6 over 142 hands with 0.7 AF

Reviewing this hand now I think I should have done a 4bet/fold if shown further aggresion...he likes to defend his blind

as played, when I saw his low flop bet I thought I was ahead anyway, another club on the turn is scary but I think I shouldnt have gave up so easily as I think he would have bet stronger if he had anything...

thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • Optroot
      Optroot
      Bronze
      I don't like 4b folding AK. If you 4b AK it should for value against someone stacking off with TT+,AK, or looser. Someone this tight is not going to be 3b wide enough to 4b fold AK, even though they probably 5b KK+, and you have blockers, I'd rather just play IP with AKo.

I think I'm making a mega large raise OTF. Don't expect villain this tight to have too many flushes, expecting him to CC with SC and such, and 3b AQ+,77+. something like that. So I might make a PSR ($0.90?) right here and get it in on safe turns folding to any club. Expecting to be called by worse A with a club, sometimes PP with a club, sometimes hes freerolling with AK :club: .
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Against a nitty opponent I like calling preflop.

On this flop I'd actually raise/go broke.

As played on the flop, folding turn is ok. There is no point in calling, since we can't really call on the river and we can be drawing dead.

Best,
      Plamen