[NL2-NL10] 3b hand IP.

• maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $16.04 (160.4 bb)
      SB: $15.21 (152.1 bb)
      BB: $12.08 (120.8 bb)
      UTG: $14.78 (147.8 bb)
      MP: $9.72 (97.2 bb)
      Hero (CO): $23.26 (232.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6 7
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB raises to $1.10, Hero calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.25) 2 3 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30

Turn: ($4.85) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.31, Hero raises to $11.60, BB calls $7.37

River: ($24.21) T (2 players)

[

[/spoiler]
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Whats your question? Should u 4bet ip? U might want to give more reads and stats.

As played, his 3bet is on the larger side and u did open in co instead of bu
      Thus i think 67s is too weak to call. But the stack sizes are slightly deeper so thats slightly better for u.

I prefer to select hands like ATo which block value hands like AQ AK AA TT to 4bet with but are too weak to call the 3bet.

Therefore i fold, though an argument could be made for calling if his 3b range is really wide and he has some postflop weaknesses.

Abt the hand as played
      Shoving cant be too bad when u have 30% equity. But u would require some fold equoty (meaning u need to have the read that he barrel bluffs a lot).

If his value range is weighted towards value (i doubt he ever folds overpairs), then calling to see the river is best.
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      My thinking is as follows.

Standard open from co with 67s.

Called the 3b IP as we have 120bb Effective Stack

I called his cb as he would most of his range on this board.

On turn I get OES-FS (16 outs). When he makes its 1/2 pot its more likely that he is on two high cards than nut hand(?), so i shove to make him fold high cards that beat me. In case I get called I have at least 35% (except if he has better FD)

Anyway else I could have played it? call turn and evaluate river? Fold pre?
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Thanks! Got the answer I was looking for.

Any idea how I can post villain stats? ( i use HM2)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      You shuldnt call just bcos u are slightly deep. Suited connectors are way worse than small pp for calling against nutted ranges but are better against wide ranges.

What youll find is that ur hand can connect with more flops, but not as strongly. What this means is that in the best case scenario u flop a oesd or flush draw and u are not even a fav against an overpair.

So to point out the mistake in ur decision, u should only call here if he has a wide range. Then ur plan shuld be to fight with him on flops which connect with u somehow.

I dont see how u can make a profit with 67s vs a super tight 3b range of qq+ and ak

Abt posting stats, just post the more important ones and type them out.
      Vpip pfr 3b fold to 3b flop cbet fold to flop cbet turn cbet fold to turn cbet.

Could also post some other relevant stats but those i mentioned above tend to be the most important. I think if u right click a hand there might be an option Copy Stats u can try it out.