BTN: $2.27
      SB: $2.38
      Hero (BB): $2.76
      UTG: $2.03
      UTG+1: $2.32
      MP: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has J:heart: 5:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, fold, CO calls $0.02, fold, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.08, 4 players) 2:heart: 2:spade: 5:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.08, UTG+1 raises to $0.22, fold, fold, fold

UTG+1 wins $0.23
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I definitely play much more cautiously in limped pots so b/f is great.

abt your sizing: I know I did mention that you should bet larger in limped pots. But that was when you were going for value or bluffing.

With this particular hand, you are mostly betting to take down the pot right away. hardly any value from worse, and never bluffing better hands. So Maybe 6cents here is more optimal.
    • grabek1985
      grabek1985
      Bronze
      mbml, do you think bf > (chb + re-eval T)? With bet, we are not getting called OOP with worse, thus turn our hand into bluff, which it is not. With chb, we could potentially once or twice (more often once, esp. on the river) call air based on information we gathered on the earlier streets.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      It's kind of tough to play. I know i often advocate pot control lines with 2nd pair.

But in this case, our pair is really low. 80% of the deck will bring an overcard on the Turn and River, and we will get lost.

Here if we bet, while it's true we are not getting too much value, I think sometimes we will get called by Ace high, and we are definitely getting called by draws.
    • grabek1985
      grabek1985
      Bronze
      I agree it will be tougher to play. Still, we either turn a hand into bluff which it is not and if we decide to bet the exploit against our bet would be to CR air.

Moreover, if we decide to bf 80% of range (not 100%), we still won't be able to check call w/A high vs. such an exploit.

On the contrary, though, in case we check behind, we might exploit wide range that did not hit and we play IP. Still, as the pair is very low indeed, would we be able to adjust the proper calling range vs villain's range.

If not, then I tend to agree with bluffing with big part of range, including bottom range, esp. that we might improve to trips or two pairs, and sometimes some players with call F w/A high.

All in all, I'd hazard a guess that bf > chb vs players who don't adjust with bluff-raise.