[NL2-NL10] nl2 hero AdJs

• MeAmor22
      MeAmor22
      Bronze
      hy,
      Party, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $2.43 (121.5 bb)
      MP3: $2 (100 bb)
      MP2: $2.35 (117.5 bb)
      Hero (CO): $2 (100 bb)
      MP1: $2.49 (124.5 bb)
      BB: $2.03 (101.5 bb)
      SB: $1.53 (76.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J A
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BTN calls $0.08, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.19) 8 3 Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, BTN folds

Results:
      $0.19 pot
      Final Board: 8 3 Q
      BTN mucked and lost (-$0.08 net)
      Hero mucked J A and won $0.19 ($0.11 net)

1)My cbet is ok ? I dont have any stats on him.
      Ty
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Ok seems like you double posted here. Anyway while deciding on whether to make a flop cbet, we need to think about a few things.

1) Is it Headsup or Multiway? If it's HU, our default plan should be to cbet. If it's 3 or 4way, our default plan should be to check unless we have something.

Next,

2) What's the Flop texture? Is it dry or wet? Are there many draws? Does it connect well with my oppponent's range or my range?

Wetness of Flop is dependent on 2 things:
      -Coordination of Flop: The greater the coordination, the more straight draws there are. Examples of coordinated Flops: J96.
      -Presence of Flush Draw: If all 3 suits are different, the flop is rainbow. There are no flush draws. If 2 are of the same suit, it is a two tone board. If all 3 are of the same suit, it is a monotone board.

It is much easier for our opponent to have a flush draw if the flop is monotone.

---

Back to basic cbet decisions:

1) Is it Heads up or multiway? Headsup. Now our default plan should be to cbet and we should look for reasons not to cbet. If we can't find any, we should cbet.
      2) Let's look at board texture now. Here the flop is fairly dry. There are no flush draws since it's rainbow, and the Q and 8 are only a little connected.

Therefore we have no reason to stray from our default plan. Cbet now.