[NL2-NL10] FF NL4-6Max A7s in BB

• BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Party, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $5.56 (139 bb)
      Hero (BB): $8.92 (223 bb)
      UTG: $4.59 (114.8 bb)
      CO: $11.78 (294.5 bb)-VPIP 19%-PFR 16%-PFAF 3.5-FT3Bet 80%(5)-FTFlCB 7%(4)-Hands 233
      BTN: $11.33 (283.3 bb)
      SB: $8.29 (207.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A 7
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.16, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.48, CO calls $0.32

Flop: ($0.98) 4 T 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.66, CO calls $0.66

Turn: ($2.30) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.64, CO calls $1.64

River: ($5.58) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Results:
      $5.58 pot ($0.27 rake)
      Final Board: 4 T 6 5 2
      Hero showed A 7 and lost (-$2.78 net)
      CO showed K K and won $5.31 ($2.53 net)

CO is TAGy with fairly high CO Steal % over 200 hands,

Pre I decide to 3Bet Vs CO who has a fairly high CO steal % with a suited A, On the Flop I have the NFD so I think CBetting is good, on the Turn I pick up more equity with a OESD to with my NFD so I thought this was a good spot to fire again.
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      PF: Flatting is an option but I think 3bet is fine with a weaker kicker. You are deep too so AXs are great hands to use as part of your 3bet bluffing range. I raise to at least 3.5X OOP (probably 4X or more when 200bb deep). So 60-65cents here seems good.

F: I would usually bet smaller in 3b pots but you are deep so I like your bet size.

T: Standard with so many outs against TX hands. We can also put a lot of pressure on hands like 99/JT which may just choose to fold. We always have the option of valuebetting river if we hit, or we could just pull off a big bluff on great bluff cards like K or Q.

R: I would actually like a bluff here. From his point of view, if he had QT/AT/KT/JT he would be really afraid of a third barrel. You could also potentially have some random 3X hands which now has a straight.

Sure, he had KK this time (which I think he never folds on the River). But I think you do get to fold out many worse hands. Even JJ and QQ is going to be really afraid of the River if you pot it.

I don't recommend a 3rd barrel vs some calling stations, but this tight guy is the perfect candidate to pull off a huge bluff.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      PF: Flatting is an option but I think 3bet is fine with a weaker kicker. You are deep too so AXs are great hands to use as part of your 3bet bluffing range. I raise to at least 3.5X OOP (probably 4X or more when 200bb deep). So 60-65cents here seems good.
      Hi!

Even this deep I don`t like to go with such a big 3bet bluff size. 0.52 - 0.56 would gain the same fold equity, I think. Of course, if we raise bigger pre, it`s much easier to get all the money in later, if we hit.

I think, players on these limits don`t really think about stack sizes and bet size relations.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi dienaszaglis,

I just tend to use 3.5X OOP most of the time as a standard. By making your 3bets so small IP they get really good odds to defend and have a profitable call.

Conversely, if we were IP, I tend to make it 2.5X. I don't mind having the opponent flat a wider range cos I can just crush him postflop anyway.

I don't agree that you get the same fold equity. People will definitely be somewhat price elastic to the different bet sizes.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Well, generally I`m 3bet bluffing mostly against tight opponents. So far, they are folding to smaller 3bets.

And against TAG`ish players I think I get about the same FE. VS looser players I would definitely make it bigger, but probably would wait for a better hand as well.

If they start to call lighter, I will increase 3B size.

However, looking at my 3bet success % from SB & BB, I get 55.4 and 49.2 respectively

P.S. My 3bet standard OOP is 3x + 1bb and 3x IP
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Well i think this is just to advance for our micro limits

On micro limits we just cannot focus on our play anymore if we did such a move and then loose. I think such move affect very much our play in further hands so i think it is not smart to do that.

Plus we cannot be sure that this was great play and we just loose it this time and we had to produce fold equity of 38% and we will succeed next time.

Well i am talking in first person but i think there are many many other players who know what i am talking about. And it is a really small difference between good bluff and huge mistake.