MP: $7.85
      CO: $18.65
      BTN: $10.15
      SB: $27.80
      Hero (BB): $4.15
      UTG: $26.80
      UTG+1: $5

UTG+1 posts $0.25
      Pre-Flop: J:spade: 9:spade: dealt to Hero (BB)
      UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 checks, 3 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($1) T:spade: 4:spade: 8:club: (4 Players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, UTG raises to $1.50, UTG+1 calls $1.50, SB calls $1, Hero raises to $3.90 and is All-In, UTG raises to $6.30, UTG+1 calls $3.25 and is All-In, SB folds

Turn: ($15.90) 3:heart: (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($15.90) 3:club: (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

should i have shoved?
  • 7 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      You should act like having a made hand here.
      So raise after SB's flopbet to $1.50.
      After the UTG raise it's an easy push. You managed to get all-in on the flop, that's what really matters, so from that point of view it's a nice hand :)

Too bad though that you didn't hit anything, but that happens.

And why are you posting the BB when you have more than 40BB?
      I guess it was a mistake there :)
    • mrjorisa
      mrjorisa
      Bronze
      i had less than 20bb, its NL25 not NL10. I guess i called SB bet cus i just wanted to see a cheap turn but decided to shove after the reraise
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrjorisa
      i had less than 20bb, its NL25 not NL10. I guess i called SB bet cus i just wanted to see a cheap turn but decided to shove after the reraise
      Wow... this just keeps happening to me, lol.
      Yea, of course it's NL25, sorry for that.

I guess you can call on the flop. You just have to make sure that you can be all-in on the river.
      Especially in a multiway pot where you have position on the person who bets the flop, you can call and look at what he's gonna do on the turn and besides that people will probably call (or even raise).

With this monsterdraw your only goal is to get all-in (it's SSS :D ).
      You managed to do that on the flop, which is good.
      So no doubt about shoving after that raise, the only question is if you should call SB's bet or if you should raise it.

I think both are possible.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      In my opinion you should shove directly after SB made the bet. When you hit a monster draw you should play it aggressively, this way you get more FE and there are 2 more cards to improve your hand in case someone calls you. On the other hand if you don't hit your turn card, you have less FE and only one card left to improve you. And also if you do hit your hand, there's much less chances that a worse hand will call you on the turn.

You could also make a reraise of 1.5$ after the SB bets, but I prefer to shove it. It's short stack strategy after all. :)
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Absolutely agree with burek2000.
      I guess i called SB bet cus i just wanted to see a cheap turn but decided to shove after the reraise

Imho it`s a mistake because you are OUT OF POSITION and have 2 opps behind you.Fold or raise if you oop.Your main goal playing monster draws to force opps to fold and only second to create big pot and hit.BSS guys reraising more 3.5x (sometimes +pot) imo you need to reraise at least 1.75 and you will be committed if somebody calls or in other streets so push here would be right decision.
      Good luck :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      With such a strong draw we want to get it in as quick as possible.
      In ideal situation, we want to c/r (if one of the UTGs is agressive enough to bet).
      On such a drawy board, there is a high chance that somebody will have to protect their made hand. However, in 4 way unraised pot, a lot of people will decide to play it passively (especially, hands like TP weak kicker).
      So you have to weight those factors. W/o reads i normally bet/raise/shove.

However, Sb made a small bet, so just calling here might be a great option. We might get overcallers and a great price to draw. And if somebody raises, we would love to get it in on the flop) sounds like win-win)
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Fold or raise if you oop

I meant this in general when you play draws oop.