BB ($24.25) 97bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 5 players) Hero is CO A 6
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: 9 5 7 ($1.85, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, BTN calls $1.10

Turn: A ($4.05, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3, Hero calls $3

River: 5 ($10.05, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN goes all-in $29.27, Hero ???

Villain is 70/60, 3.0 AF. 14 hands

-Was turn played okay?

Thank you!
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Gregor,

Preflop: Looks good

Flop: Looks fine, we can cbet larger with all of our range on these type of boards (connected and OOP).

Turn: Considering that villain may have a fair amount of floats and that the A may be a scare card if we bet I like the check. Once he bets we can call or raise but I like calling better because raising won't really make many better hands fold (I'm assuming he is a fishier player) and won't make much worse call.

River: considering that we played so passive villain can be trying to push us off the hand or even shove a worse flush. He can have a hand like A5 or some rare slowplayed flop set but I wouldn't fold here.

It's not rare that you see people overbet shove as a bluff but in this spot he could because our hand looks like a weak Ax or pair between 9 and A. Considering we also beat hands that he may do this for value with I wouldn't fold.
    • StaticMoth
      River is such a puke, tough one coz of his image so far (no sample tho)

On one hand we'd expect him to raise sets/2p on this flop.
      On the other hand, the way we played the hand - our perceived range should be super weak with some nutflushes.

So why overbetshove 2.5x pot when you can't call almost ever anyways unless you have the nutflush in which case he's risking unneccessarily much.

He could just pot it or smth.

Given the supershitty odds we get, I think we have to herofold it.

Slowplayed set or the good old runner runner A5 imo.

Could be fish overplaying a flush tho as well, would be sick :f_biggrin:

Too expensive to find out tho I think. Need to be good ~42% of the time.

EDIT: Ah, Bogdan beat me to it and throws my thoughts out the window :f_biggrin:

EDIT2: Sigh, thought it was NL10 solid deep action - for 100bb I wouldn't fold it either just because he can have many flushes he plays like that :s_biggrin:
    • mbml

I would bet F and T and R myself. I see no point in check/calling the Turn. There is a ton of value to be had on the Turn.

As played, I probably call? Sure we lose to boats. But I see him overplaying weaker flushes some of the time. I wouldn't mind folding a weaker flush though.

And Bodgan pointed out that we severely underrepresented our hand so we should call here. We are pretty much at the very top of our range.