This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 KQo

• TheWinnerTakesItAll
      TheWinnerTakesItAll
      Bronze
      Opponent stats 26/26 AF:1 WTSD:60 W$SD:100 cbet f:40 after 38 hands.

Bad player raises from MP3 I assume by his stats that he has pretty wide range so I decided to call with KQ in position.

Flop is standart. On the turn I should bet bigger. What should be my bet size on the river?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $10.37
      MP1:
      $4.47
      MP2:
      $10.76
      MP3:
      $7.37
      CO:
      $9.07
      BU (Hero):
      $11.04
      SB:
      $2.57

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, Q.
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, CO folds, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.75) K, Q, 8 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.54, MP3 calls $0.54.

Turn: ($1.83) T (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.20, MP3 calls $1.20.

River: ($4.23) 7 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $2.30, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.23.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,
      here are my thoughts on this hand

PF: If this guy is looser and weak in general, you could 3bet KQ for thin value. If he was strong and solid with a relatively tighter range, then you could 3bet KQ as a bluff cos KQ wouldn't be strong enough to call. I know this might sound contradictory. But vs a looser player when i 3bet this for value, I would be willing to play for stacks with top pair whereas when I use KQ as a bluffing hand I would probably pot control if I do hit a K or Q at some point.

Anyway calling is certainly fine if his range is wide enough.

T: I suppose 1.50 is fine.

River: I don't really know how strong he is at this point in time. Anywhere between 50-75% of the pot seems fine to me. You could bet larger though, since he has a high WTSD of 60% (but your sample is really small).