This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Choosing correct MTT

• ramadas
      ramadas
      Bronze
      For satellites:

My quick rule is how many seats are there and how many enrolled to receive percentage chance to be ITM.

20 places and 78 enrolled is 25% chance and is better than
      1 place and 50 enrolled which gives 2 % chance

same for prize money.

Freerolls with 10 000 people are just insane and chance of ITM is very small.

How do you choose your MTTs or SnG?
  • 1 reply
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Well - in most cases the top 10% of a tournament receive payout. At maximum the top 15%. All big poker sites have similar payout structures. Therefore it's not a good way to choose your tournaments (you would have to choose all of them).

I choose the tournaments that seem most profitable. In the end it's your personal taste. I pick a specific buyin range in which I play every tournament that starts on the big sites during my session time. In addition I normally add a few lower buyin turbo's/superturbo's/hyperturbo's since they are good for my hourly. Last but not least I add some big field tournaments below my buyin range like the Big11 since they seem most profitable.

Hope I was able to help you :)

If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Regards,
      Asaban