This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 KK on A24 flop

• farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Edit: this was actually FR game, a few players left shortly before

CO: 52.6 BB
      Hero (BTN): 229.9 BB
      SB: 100 BB
      BB: 169.2 BB
      UTG: 27.5 BB
      MP: 154.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has K:spade: K:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 7 BB

Flop: ($2.15, 2 players) A:heart: 4:diamond: 5:diamond:
      CO checks, Hero bets 13.6 BB, CO calls 13.6 BB

Turn: ($4.87, 2 players) 2:heart:
      CO bets 29 BB and is all-in, fold

I did not play many hands vs opponent, but his play seemed reasonable. I have high aggression level, with VPIP/PFR ~ 20/18.

Preflop should be standard. How should I play the flop? I suppose cbet is fine? Can I give up if cbet misses?
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Farbwenz,

Preflop: looks fine.

Flop: Can we expect him to call many worse hands? It's definitely a way ahead/way behind spot. If we've seen him aggressive we can check flop and play the turn.

Considering the stack sizes are we bet/folding the flop? I think we need to because villain will have a fair amount of Ax hands as well as the occasional draws.
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      Wow that was a quick response:) thanks. Maybe I should have had a look at the stack sizes before blindly cbetting :f_eek: