[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - Qts vvs fish

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Another spot where I'm struggling with.

Flop: Raise or call? I think vs fish it's best to just call because I doubt I have much FE.

Turn: Should we bet? I think we should bet looking back to it :D

River: Just check ? I thought I could make him fold 3th pair or worse but apparently I was mistaken :f_confused:

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2020202
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $25.00
      SB: $25.96
      BB: $13.32
      UTG: $39.18
      MP: $51.01
      Hero (CO): $26.86

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with T :spade: Q :spade:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.62, Hero calls $0.62, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.59) 6 :heart: 5 :diamond: 9 :spade: (2 players)
      MP bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.59) A :diamond: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.59) K :spade: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $1.50, MP calls $1.50
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Farmarchist,

Preflop: 3-bet would be a bit light but since Bb can also be a fish I don't mind calling. If BTN or SB are aggressive though we may have a problem.

Flop: I don't like calling here because we still don't know how the fish will continue.

I like to raise since we only have Q high and we can get better to fold like Kx or Ax and small pairs. We also have some backdoors and if called we can easily check back if we want and thus see a "free" river.

Since villain is the PFR he can have both the Ax and Kx by the river quite easily and although we can get him to fold some pairs it may be more likely that he will call us here. We beat all hands that are no pairs anyway so I would check back and make a mental note on his range.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Would you stab the the as played?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Would you stab the the as played?
      I'm assuming you mean the turn.

If we bet the turn do we need to bet the river? I think that not really because villain may not fold Ax or pair to two barrels.

So if we bet we are hoping that he folds some Kx, Qx and weak pairs and in that case I'd make it something $1.5-$1.75.

We already have weak hand equity (if called) so the FE required needs to be larger to show a profit. So betting too big will make our bluffs less successful, especially since I can't see him changing his range much between a 1.5 and $2 bet.