This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Mid game STT play vs different opponents

• biogas
      biogas
      Bronze
      Wassup fellows,
      I found myself again on the unpleasant side of variance (or it's my "skill" is showing up at its glory), wanted to have some advice. So the situation: micro/low stake FR STT, mid game (5-7 players left), late position (BB and SB). So was wondering what default ranges and lines to take against 6 different opponents with 3 eff. stack sizes.
      Opponents (vpip/pfr):
      1. 70/35
      2. 35/25
      3. 50/5
      4. 15/13
      5. 10/8
      6. 15/3

Eff. stacks:
      a) 11-15BB
      b)8-11 BB
      c)>8 BB

And my thoughts:
      1a: keep tight (15%), push when dealt.
      1b: push 20%
      1c: push 30%

2a, b and C same as 1.

3a. Limp/stab SB, raise 20% BB, c-bet.
      3b. Limp/stab SB, push 30% BB
      3c. push 60%

4a. mix limp/stab with minraise SB, and minraise 40% BB.
      4b. same as a.
      4c. push 60% SB, 40%BB.

5a.minraise/fold ATC SB, 60% BB
      5b. Same as a
      5c. Push ATC SB, 60-70% BB

6 same as 5.

Let the discussion begin.
  • 1 reply
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      You mean what hands we will push sitting in the SB vs different type of opponents for these eff. stack sizes? But, there is a difference between pushing for 11 bb and 15bb f.e. depending on the bb, you can still min raise/fold, mr/c or just push and every option could be optimal depending on what the game flow is and the hand we have. Also a big difference between pushing with 5 players left and doing so with 7 left. Stack set up is also a big factor, so I dont wanna generalize too much. Usually, vs regs for 8bb or less eff. I will push nash or similar. Looser in the beginning until they prove me they call nash. Vs spewtard, you better use sng wiz and put him on a calling range and adjust according to that, ICM tax could be crucial, so I dont wanna give defaulth ranges. FOR 8bb+ eff. you can limp/stab vs loose passive opponents f.e. you can minraise to induce aggro opponents, you can straight push unexlpoitable hands like Ax or K9s, many options.