MP: $6.64
      MP+1: $5.65
      CO: $1.93
      BTN: $7.15
      SB: $1.81
      BB: $9.00

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 9:diamond: T:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, MP calls $0.15, MP+1 calls $0.15, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.52, 3 players) 3:club: 8:spade: 7:heart:
      Hero checks, MP checks, MP+1 checks

Turn: ($0.52, 3 players) 7:spade:
      Hero bets $0.35, MP calls $0.35, fold

River: ($1.22, 2 players) 9:heart:
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.50, fold

MP wins $1.17
  • 3 replies
    • TinoLaan
      If you are going to be raising T9s here, you should definitely be cbetting flops like this, even if you wouldn't have hit your straight draw here! You can often take it down here, because people still tend to give UTG raises a decent amount of credit, and even if you do get called you may hit a strong hand on the turn.

So I am definitely betting the flop here, then evaluating the turn if I get called.
    • cufc37
      I would c-bet ~30 cents on this flop with an OESD. There's plenty of hands like broadways that the opponents will most fold on this board.

As played, I would say that the turn is a pretty bad card to bet on unimproved, as there's not much you can have that you didn't bet on the flop other than maybe 44-66. It also brings the flush draw, which reduces your fold equity, plus the FD along with the paired board, means that several outs to the straight may no longer be any good reducing your actual equity in the hand.

After hitting top pair, I think folding the river vs this bet sizing is a bit weak. Without any reads at all, it's possible that he has some missed draws in his range and maybe even 8x given that the line you take makes your hand look pretty weak. Therefore, against such a small bet, I would make the call.
    • BogdanPS
      Hi prime,

Preflop: Our open raise from UTG with 9Ts is a bit loose. I would open hands like these if villains behind me are passive/tight and the blinds are fishy.

Flop: We have T high, the flop is dry, so we should cbet as a semi-bluff. Better hands can fold like small pairs, J-Q-K-A high.

As played we could bet/fold 1/4 pot on river for thin value (blocker bet) or check call.

Since we checked the flop and villain didn't bet the flop his range can contain a lot of floats so we can't really fold TP to a weak bet where we only need to be good less than 1 in 4 times.