This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Ready?.. I think so! From 20nl to 400nl

• luckyme44
      luckyme44
      Bronze
      My Blog is going to be short with quick updates (every 5k hands) along with interesting hands from the sessions I play, in hopes of sparking any discussion.

About me:I'm 24 years old and would love to play poker for a living someday instead of just a profitable hobby. I play live cash games in Atlantic City, but live in Maryland. I started playing poker when I was 19 in my first year of college.

After messing around with Lock poker (the only site I can currently play on for real money in MD) for 10k hands, I've decided to take online seriously and jumped/ took as very aggressive shot at playing 20nl SH and have been running & playing very well.

Goal: To climb from 20nl up to 400nl within a year.

Information from PTR:

Game: Hands: Net: PTBB/100 Rake: RB: Total:
      NL20 SH 5,173 $215 10.37 :D $122 $40 $255

+13.5 BI

I will take my shot at 50nl once I have 15 BI's ($750) on my online roll.
      Follow if you want to keep up with my journey to 400nl SH.
  • 4 replies
    • extensy
      extensy
      Bronze
      Good luck man! By the way, do you wanna play with agressive BR managment till 400 nl? :)
    • luckyme44
      luckyme44
      Bronze
      I think I will probably do something like

15 BI- shot at 50nl
      15 - 100nl
      20- 200nl
      20- 400nl

6-max 2-4 tables.. I really enjoy practicing hand reading and table dynamics, as well as, getting the most out of every session.. Playing 2-4 tables allows me to do this.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck!
    • luckyme44
      luckyme44
      Bronze
      Hi PS community,

I have been really focusing on improving my multi-tabling skills as well as further increasing my roll in the process. I'm able to 4 table 6max much better than I could before my last post.. I realized that this still wasn't an optimal situation for me due to a drastic drop in my winrate. I find that two tables is just fine for me.. I spend way too much time trying to get reads and watch player tendencies and the table dynamic..

When playing too many tables I feel like I'm only getting paid off from a much simpler reciprocal strategy than I normally play. I love to get reads and catch players in obvious bluffs, knowing when to bet thin or for max... I suppose you could say I just love going with my reads. It's been working for me so far.

I took a shot at some shallow 50NL tables today even though I'm slightly under rolled to do so I still did it with the mindset that if I lost 1-2 BIs then I'd get up.. I ended up making 3-4 BI's by making good reads 2 of which players had flush draws and went all in before the river.. 1 BI I hit a set of 55's and the maniac just check called my flop bet with Air oop and hit a 9 on the turn for....1 pair.. I jammed AllIn overtop his donk bet out and the villian still called..
      To sum it up.. I think I can now move up to 50nl SH after what I've seen today as long as I only play 1-2 tables max and select well. The reason behind taking the initial shot was that, 1) I was able to take the loss. 2) There were 3 well known Fish playing at that one 50nl table.. I had them labeled as 3 seperate species of fish lol (Donkey, Calling Station, Maniac).. The risk just seemed well worth the potential reward.

I will stick with 50nl until I'm comfortably rolled for 100nl respectable 20 BI.. However I might choose to take a shot at 15BIs after I do a thorough review of the player pool.

Thanks for reading, Sorry my blog isn't very well written or structured.. I kind of just want to write whats on my mind and maybe get some player insight, feedback, stories of your own trials and tribulations. Anything poker!

Love you guys,
      Peace