[NL20-NL50] NL50 anon TT

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hello,

The guy was playing 33/31 with around 20 3-b, 1/3 times 4-b and 100% steal from BU over 40 hands. Because the table became 3-handed few hands ago we started to 3-b each other quite a lot while SB was the fish at the table. The exact same situation happened last orbit where I squeezed AK and they both folded.

Now, considering I squeezed last orbit, villain was playing 100% from BU and was the type of opponent to play back, I was sure his 4-bet should have very high bluffing frequency here. Therefore I decided to shove, but my problem is that we have bigger stacks and I'm not sure whether despite his high bluffing frequency shoving TT with given SPR is correct.

On the other hand, should we ever call here? And if yes, what's our postflop plan?

Also possibly important not is I was running hot at the table and my 3-b was about 25% at the time and most of it was playing 6-handed as the table broke up just in the last 8-10 hands.

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      3 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      BTN ($130.72) 261bb
      SB ($91) 182bb
      Hero (BB) ($61.24) 122bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 3 players) Hero is BB T T
      BTN raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.25, Hero raises to $6.50, BTN raises to $12, SB folds, Hero goes all-in $54.74, BTN folds

Thanks,
      burek2000
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi burek,

your sample is really small but I think given whatever you described, stacking off TT here with a 3-handed dynamic should be fairly standard.

BUT I noticed you are 122bb deep. Maybe that might change things? I still think it's fine though.

I think squeezing is probably the best play. I'm just wondering whether you could call the 4bet? TT doesn't play too well postflop, and his 4bet is on the small side (though it's bigger than if you had just 3betted vs his open without the other caller because this is a squeeze pot), so shoving would win you less money when he folds.

But I'll probably shove like you did. If you had squeezed smaller, and if he had 4betted smaller, I might find a call for the reasons mentioned above.
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      I think TT and JJ is pretty horrible hands to flat 4b with oop there will always be like an overpair. It's a thing i see pretty often at my limit that people are like NO NO will not get it in pre will see a flop and then decide, only problem is that 60% of the time TT got an flop that xx overcard.