BTN: $4.92 (98.4 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5.71 (114.2 bb)
      BB: $6.55 (131 bb)
      UTG: $8.77 (175.4 bb)
      MP: $2.41 (48.2 bb)
      CO: $5.07 (101.4 bb) 20/17/open CO 27/AF 2,8/fld 3bet 80/1,2 K hands

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: T:diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.15, 3 folds

here we could 3bet ? or its better to call ? and what range ? i got some trouble OOP against late position openers with hands like Kjs ATs or even ATo type hands ..
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Noulispa,

Here it all depends on what's your plan postflop, if any. IF we don't know how to play postflop or play too passively (ex: call just to hit) we are better off to turn our hand into a 3bet bluff. We have a blocker and even if we get called we have a nice hand that can hit well.

So I'd 3-bet to 10bb.

If we do call we have to play for both hitting the board and for playing back at villain (for example raising certain boards where he cbets too much and his range is weak overall).

However, since he folded so much to 3-bets so far we would show an immediate profit 3-bet/folding.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Noulispa,

Here it all depends on what's your plan postflop, if any. IF we don't know how to play postflop or play too passively (ex: call just to hit) we are better off to turn our hand into a 3bet bluff. We have a blocker and even if we get called we have a nice hand that can hit well.

So I'd 3-bet to 10bb.

If we do call we have to play for both hitting the board and for playing back at villain (for example raising certain boards where he cbets too much and his range is weak overall).

However, since he folded so much to 3-bets so far we would show an immediate profit 3-bet/folding.
      same goes for hands like ATo kjs et.c?